On Demand, Urban Style
- Comcast. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p2A
Discusses the reasons behind the success of the video-on-demand (VOD) of Comcast Corp. Remarks from Page Thompson, vice president of marketing of new video products at the company, on VOD; Buy rates of Comcast after it offered the VOD; Marketing strategies implemented by the company to make...
- Strong Today, Gone Tomorrow? Thomas R., Umstead // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p23
The article looks at the popularity of video-on-demand. Networks that are using on demand to give little eyeballs access to their shows on a 24-hour basis are enumerated. According to Comcast On Demand Vice President and General Manager Page Thompson, kids-oriented content represents more than...
- Reebok, encouraged by 'Terry Tate,' expands its definition of i-marketing. Oser, Kris // Advertising Age;4/25/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the video-on-demand advertising campaign being tested by Reebok International on digital television in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market in 2005. Projection on the growth of video-on-demand; Highlights of the advertisement; Advantages of Web interactive creative systems.
- Comcast Adds Viacom to VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the first batch of basic-cable programming, that appeared on a video-on-demand platform from Viacom Inc.-owned networks, being carried by Comcast Corporation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania system. List of TV programs being offered in the system; List of the TV networks that are...
- Comcast Charters Rentrak VOD System. Howard, Brendan // Video Store Magazine;3/28/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the agreement of Comcast, a cable and broadband communications provider, to conduct a trial of Rentrak's Video-On-Demand (VOD) Essentials. Remarks from Page Thompson, vice president for marketing of new video products for Comcast, on the growth of VOD; Benefits offered by VOD.
- Comcast's VOD Guru. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p37
Profiles Page Thompson, vice president for marketing of new video products of Comcast. Reason for Thompson to leave his marketing job at Pepsi in 1994; Problems encountered by Thompson in creating a theme park; Role of Thompson in the video-on-demand transition of Comcast.
- Free VOD Gets in Gear. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the free sports video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. to its digital-cable subscribers. Features included in the highlights of the National Basketball Association coverage; Views of Comcast on Demand's vice president and general manager Page...
- Comcast opens up supply for on-demand. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/18/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the decision of cable television operator Comcast Corp. to offer more than 7,500 shows a month to its digital customers through video-on-demand. Subscribers have racked up more than 3 billion views of everything from movies and sitcoms to kids shows and music-videos since...
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...