On Demand, Urban Style
- Comcast. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p2A
Discusses the reasons behind the success of the video-on-demand (VOD) of Comcast Corp. Remarks from Page Thompson, vice president of marketing of new video products at the company, on VOD; Buy rates of Comcast after it offered the VOD; Marketing strategies implemented by the company to make...
- Strong Today, Gone Tomorrow? Thomas R., Umstead // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p23
The article looks at the popularity of video-on-demand. Networks that are using on demand to give little eyeballs access to their shows on a 24-hour basis are enumerated. According to Comcast On Demand Vice President and General Manager Page Thompson, kids-oriented content represents more than...
- Reebok, encouraged by 'Terry Tate,' expands its definition of i-marketing. Oser, Kris // Advertising Age;4/25/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the video-on-demand advertising campaign being tested by Reebok International on digital television in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market in 2005. Projection on the growth of video-on-demand; Highlights of the advertisement; Advantages of Web interactive creative systems.
- Comcast Adds Viacom to VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the first batch of basic-cable programming, that appeared on a video-on-demand platform from Viacom Inc.-owned networks, being carried by Comcast Corporation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania system. List of TV programs being offered in the system; List of the TV networks that are...
- Free VOD Gets in Gear. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the free sports video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. to its digital-cable subscribers. Features included in the highlights of the National Basketball Association coverage; Views of Comcast on Demand's vice president and general manager Page...
- Comcast opens up supply for on-demand. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/18/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the decision of cable television operator Comcast Corp. to offer more than 7,500 shows a month to its digital customers through video-on-demand. Subscribers have racked up more than 3 billion views of everything from movies and sitcoms to kids shows and music-videos since...
- Comcast Charters Rentrak VOD System. Howard, Brendan // Video Store Magazine;3/28/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the agreement of Comcast, a cable and broadband communications provider, to conduct a trial of Rentrak's Video-On-Demand (VOD) Essentials. Remarks from Page Thompson, vice president for marketing of new video products for Comcast, on the growth of VOD; Benefits offered by VOD.
- Comcast's VOD Guru. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p37
Profiles Page Thompson, vice president for marketing of new video products of Comcast. Reason for Thompson to leave his marketing job at Pepsi in 1994; Problems encountered by Thompson in creating a theme park; Role of Thompson in the video-on-demand transition of Comcast.
- Thompson To Leave Golf Channel For Comcast Job. // Golf World;9/20/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that Golf Channel president Page Thompson has planned to leave the network in favor of a top position at Comcast Corp. as soon as it gets regulatory approval to acquire NBC Universal.