Dolan: We Like Our Assets
- Dolan dampens Rainbow sale rumors. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/29/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 39, p5
The article reports that James Dolan, chief executive of U.S. cable network Cablevision, refused to answer questions about the speculation that Rainbow Media, the parent company of AMC, IF and WE TV, is for sale. Dolan said that the Rainbow channels are earning well, increasing Rainbow's revenue...
- Rainbow Media Probe Could End Soon. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p66
Deals with the mixed fourth-quarter results posted by Cablevision Systems Corp. in March 2004 as independent investigation of accounting practices at its Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. division nears completion. Revenue growth and loss posted by Cablevision; Decline in the company's share price;...
- Sale talk swirls over Rainbow. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/6/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 45, p1
Reports the sale of shares from Rainbow Media Group Inc. by Cablevision company in the U.S. Percentage on the shares of the Cablevision; Expected buyers of the stocks; Purchase rating of Cablevision by Merrill Lynch.
- Cablevision Nears Rainbow Tracking Stock. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p12
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s ability to launch its Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. tracking stock as early as August 2000. Firm's deliberation on the assets to be included in the stock; Range of national programming assets controlled by Rainbow Media Holdings.
- Dolans Seek Gold at End of Rainbow. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the commitment of James Dolan, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Cablevision Systems Corp., to close the gap between the public and private valuations of the firm in the U.S. The public and private valuation has been associated to the spinoff of Cablevision, the...
- Dolan: Sale 'Less Likely' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p41
The article reports that Cablevision Systems chief executive officer James Dolan has ended investors' hopes that Cablevision would sell its Rainbow Media Holdings programming unit. According to the author, analysts and investors have expected Cablevision to sell assets following announcements...
- Dolans have private eye. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/21/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 34, p1
This article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp.'s chairman Charles Dolan and CEO James Dolan have offered to take the cable operator private in a $7.9 billion deal that would see the firm's Rainbow Media Corp. cable networks, Clearview Cinemas movie theaters as well as sports and live-event...
- CABLEVISION SWITCHES OFF DIVIDEND PLAN. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;12/20/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 60, p7
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has cancelled its promised dividend payout after lending violations. A three billion dollars dividend was meant to appease investors who were upset when the company decided not to spin off its Rainbow Media Corp. division. Both CEO James Dolan...
- Cablevision formally plans Rainbow stock. Farrell // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p23
Reports on United States-based cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to issue a tracking stock for its Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. subsidiary. Details of the planned tracking stock; Company background.