Co-Op Checks OLN Carriage
- Matching ratings to ad $$, ESPN comes out tops. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps2
This article reports that ESPN cable television network has derived more pure value per advertising impression delivered than any other U.S. programmer on television. It is difficult to isolate all the subjective factors that influence the price marketers pay to advertise on television, but the...
- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- ESPN Made Plays in October. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Reports that ESPN cable television network has topped the October 2003 primetime ratings in the U.S. Rating gained by cable and broadcast television; Rate of increase in rating gained by ESPN; Impact on the dispute of ESPN with Cox Communications Inc. over license fee increases.
- Cable co-op scores ESPN win. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;09/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p28
Reports that the National Cable Television Co-operative (NCTC) has acquired an affiliation deal with the Entertainment and Sport Programming Network (NCTC). Conditions of the deal; Comments made by Frank Hughes, NCTC vice president of programming; Benefits of the deal.
- DOJ OKs NCTC Changes. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the approval given by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on the plan of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to modify the way it negotiates carriage deals. Review requested by NCTC to the DOJ on its proposed changes for joint purchasing; Difficulty experienced by the...
- Headendings. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p95
Presents information on issues pertaining to the television broadcasting industry in the United States. Information on the documentary-style personality profile to be launched by CNBC; Number of subscribers for direct broadcast satellite SkyTrends received; Details on a deal ZDTV signed with...
- NFL kicks one through the uprights. Learmonth, Michael; McClintock, Pamela; Adalian, Josef // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the deal between the U.S. National Football League and cable television network ESPN in May 2005. Comments on the reliance of the League to the performance of television broadcasting companies; Background of the agreement between the League and NBC in 1939; Importance of the League...
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Cable One Opts for ESPN Deal. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expected agreement of Cable One Inc. on the long-term deal arranged by the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) with sports network ESPN as of March 15, 2004. Terms of the deal between the NCTC and ESPN; Statement from Jerry McKenna, strategic marketing vice president of...