CBS Sees $5B Market Coming
- Online chatter can hook TV viewers -- and advertisers. Howell, Nic // New Media Age;4/22/2010, p02
The article discusses the challenge faced by news networks to create programming that accommodate audience interaction.
- Handling With Care. // Multichannel News;8/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p33
The article discusses several shows announced by the television networks for helping the cable viewers with personal crises.
- ITV's viewing share falls to all-time low. // Marketing Week;11/15/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p12
Reports the decline of television viewers of ITV in Great Britain. Failure to achieve the target audience; Percentage of the viewers compared to BBC1; Age group of the audience.
- TAM ratings: Colors sees a major dip in ratings; Sab TV gains the most in week 43. // Exchange4media.com;10/29/2015, p1
The article focuses on the result of the television audience measurement (TAM) ratings for various television networks in India as of October 29, 2015 which include Star Plus, Zee TV, and Sony TV.
- Diwali doesn't manage to light up Hindi GEC genre even this year. // Exchange4media.com;11/23/2015, p5
The article reports that according to data released by Television Audience Measurement (TAM) a dip in the viewership of Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) genre has felt during Diwali in India.
- REPORT: ONLINE SHOWS DON'T CANNIBALIZE TV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p12
The article reports on a study which revealed that people who watch television episodes online are more likely to watch additional network television programming. Migid Media conducted an online poll of 50,000 respondents for CBS Interactive showed that 35% are inclined to watch the show on...
- CBS's Survivor Beats Geezer Rap. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;2/4/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 3, p28
Interviews Leslie Moonves, chief executive officer of CBS and UPN. His impressive turnaround of the struggling television network; How Moonves accomplished his goal of attracting a younger audience; Moonves' worries about fragmentation in broadcasting; Ways in which Moonves plans to improve the...
- November reign continues: 8 straight for CBS. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;11/25/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that for the eighth consecutive November, CBS Broadcasting Inc. is projected to be the most-watched television network in the U.S. during the sweep, when data is gathered to set local advertising rates. It states that CBS has averaged 11.8 million viewers in November 2008,...
- Key demo gains push CBS ahead in prime time. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/22/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p3
This article reports on the standing of CBS-TV in terms of key ratings and demographics in prime-time television broadcasting in the U.S. as of April 1991. The surge of CBS has big implications for the 1991-1992 prime-time upfront buying period, expected to start in mid-June. With the networks...