Gauging the Value of TV Anytime
- Download Deals All the Rage for Networks. Moss, Linda; Stump, Matt; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the decision of television broadcasting companies in the U.S. to charge its viewers for on-demand access of their prime time television programs. Views of Timothy Hanlon, senior vice president at Starcom MediaVest Group, on video content offerings of some Internet companies; Reasons...
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Even Dating Gets an On-Demand Role. // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the "Dating on Demand" television program that will be launched by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. on February 14, 2005. Partnership of Comcast Corp. with Hurry Brands LLC to combine video on demand and online dating; Viewership of the television program when its was launched in 2004;...
- SUPERGIRL EP: WE'RE PRODUCING A HIGH-FLYING WEEKLY MOVIE. M. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 37, p22
The article focuses on the pressure felt by producers of the television program "Supergirl" for it to be a success once it debuts on October 1, 2015, when it is not only facing competition from its broadcast competitors but also from on-demand videos like "The Avengers" and "Man of Steel."
- Kicking VOD's Tires. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;12/13/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p8
Highlights the feasibility of video-on-demand services (VOD) of television network CBS for its television programs in the U.S. according to David Poltrack, executive vice president of research and planning for CBS. Mode of payment of television viewers for the service; Problem concerning...
- 'Gilligan's' VOD Twist. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p29
Provides information on the use of video-on-demand (VOD) platform for program marketing, promotion and sampling for the reality television program "The Real Gilligan's Island" in the U.S. Use of VOD for the promotional contest of the show for Comcast on-demand subscribers; Marketing strategies...
- Comcast Backs Regionals With Promo Clout. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the promotional campaigns launched by Comcast Corp. for its regional programming services in the U.S. Information on Smart TV, a campaign of the company for CN8: The Comcast Network; Promotion of the ties of Comcast to New England Cable News; Plans of the company for synergies.
- TECH Briefs. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Negotiation initiated by Comcast with television networks regarding the use of video-on-demand platform developed by Comcast in promoting television programs; Launch of a digital video recorder...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs on the cable television (TV) industry in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Ratings of original TV programs; Morning and midday shows to be added to the programming of CN8 of Comcast; Projection of Scripps Networks on its 2003 advertising sales.