New trailers make Dallas debut
- New trailers debut at Mid-America. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p28
Highlights the 2004 Mid-America Trucking Show held in Louisville, Kentucky and the innovative trailers showcased at the event. 4000D-X Series of dry vans from Utility Trailer; Ultra Plate dry van from Trailmobile; Gold Standard van trailer from Strick.
- On the move. Swallow, Kevin // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;May2004, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p45
Presents several products to be launched in various road transport-related exhibits in Great Britain in 2004. A270 Drop frame machinery carrier from Dennison Trailers; H518 Half Pipe ejection trailers from EuroEjectors; I742 trailer from Crane Fruehauf.
- Trailers & bodies. // Fleet Equipment;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p88
Presents a selection of trailers and bodies for trucks. Rogers Brothers' Ultima Trailers; Fontainer Trailer Co.'s composite telescopic platform trailer, model LTP-4; Jerr-Dan Corp.'s HDL 1100/530 composite body wrecker.
- A life without trucks. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;3/29/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5477, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the importance of truck trailers in the haulage industry in Great Britain.
- How to paint your truck (and other equipment). Sandlin, Bev // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p53
Gives tips on painting stock trailers and other equipment. Materials; Directions; Things to consider; Tips on brush painting vehicles. INSET: Tips for trailering..
- Trailers & bodies. // Fleet Equipment;Dec97, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p72
Presents several truck trailers available in the United States as of December 1997. Includes Acadia from Trans-Tech Industries; Refrigerated van body from Delta-Waseca Inc.
- WHITEHORSE COUNCIL PUTS TEBS TO THE TEST. // Government News;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p54
The article reports on the use of Knorr Bremse Trailer Electronic Braking System (TEBS) by Whitehorse City Council in Victoria to update its fleet of moving floor trailers for waste transfer duties.
- No weak links allowed. Marshall, Lawson // Fleet Equipment;Jan98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p35
Cites important considerations in determining the specifications of the undcarriage components of truck trailers. Gross vehicle weight; Number of axles and positions; Wheelbase; Availability of extra axles; Suspension and axles. INSETS: Pusher and tag axles.;Tridems prove productive for...
- The name of the game. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;10/27/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5456, p3
The author applauds the decision of the British Department for Transport to change the name of longer semi-trailers to "high-volume trailers" and comments on trials regarding the trailers.