Brake control provides polarity protection
- Prevent Air Hose Damage. Dancy, SSG Steve // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2001, Issue 583, pN.PAG
The brake system connections on M870A1 trailers are in such an awkward position that when they hook up their M916A1 tractor's air hoses, the hoses are in a tight bend. Over time, the bending fatigues the hoses, leading to leaks. Since air hoses are not cheap, the author solved the bending...
- Brake Control adjusts for smooth stops. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p115
Features the Odyssey Brake Control device manufactured by Valley Industries for trailers. Description of the device; Performance mechanism of the device; Elements of the brake control package.
- Faster, safer towing. // Landscape & Irrigation;Jan2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p19
Introduces the new Adjustable Electronic Trailer Brake Control that features solid-state circuitry for long-life, dependable operation and safe, easy towing, manufactured by Valley Industries Inc. Product features; Physical description; Availability; Contact information.
- Installing Trailer Brakes. Hendricks, Jim // Boating;Sep2013, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p26
The article offers information on replacing and installing boat trailer brakes.
- Brake Caging for 5-tons. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun99, Issue 559, p4
Provides information on the proper caging of the rear brakes of a five-ton family of medium tactical vehicle (FMTV). Things to consider in caging rear brake system.
- Scottish heavyweight champ. // Professional Engineering;9/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p52
The article reports the latest vehicle Daf XF105 by the Bernard Hunter in Edinburgh, Scotland. The monster truck is designed to carry the ballast plates for its tremendous 250 tonne Liebherr crane. It is built specifically to work on extreme weights with standard features of nine-tonne front...
- Lighter, Faster Rides for Average Cyclists. Toto, Christian // World & I;Apr2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses how bicycle manufacturers have been working to make their products better. In terms of basic mechanisms such as shifting and braking, the bicycles of today are relatively unchanged compared to bikes from the nineteen seventies. Present day bikes often has aluminum rims,...
- IT'S A REAL HEART BRAKER. // Commercial Motor;10/16/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5050, p56
Examines issues surrounding the use of electronic braking systems that is deemed to have solved all the braking compatibility problems between tractive units and trailers in Great Britain as of October 2003. Type of brakes that artic trailers needs; Benefits from the use of the systems;...
- THE SCIENCE OF FRICTION. // Tomorrow's Technician;Mar2014, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p27
The article presents a discussion of motor vehicle brake pad contamination, adapted from an article by Andrew Markel which appeared in "Brake and Front End." Topics discussed include the forms of brake pad contamination, the ways by which dust can affect brake pad friction and the types of brake...