LOR makes lift axle operation simpler
- Phoenix mid-axle takes out weight. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;6/26/2003, p9
Focuses on mid-lift axle which uses a weight-saving composite spring. Total weight of the assembly; Supplier and designer of the axle assembly; Features of the axle.
- Spinnin' Gears. RYDER, BOB // Street Trucks;Feb2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p76
The article offers step-by-step instructions for constructing a Currie FAB differential axle housing and installing a Motive Gear ring-and-pinion 3.73 gear set.
- RUL-245 Bantamweight suspension series provides 12,000-lb-capacity axle selection. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jan2004, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p43
Introduces the new axle assemblies by Ridewell Corp. for use with its RUL-245 Bantamweight auxiliary lift axle suspension series for vocational truck and trailer applications in the U.S. Limitation of the rating of base axle; Distinct features of the product; Usability of the product; Product...
- Late Iron Age Linch-Pin Terminal. Cuddeford, Mike // Treasure Hunting;Sep2007, p63
The article features a late Iron Age linch-pin. Linch-pins keep the wheels of automobiles by passing through the axle-ends and holding the wheel hub in place. Such a type of linch-pin consisted of two copper-alloy terminals fitted to an iron shank, which is the part that fits through the axle....
- IMPROVING POWERTRAINS--CONVENTIONAL AND ADVANCED. // Automotive Design & Production;May2012, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p50
The article previews Schaeffler Group North America's products to improve powertrains including the UniAir fully variable hydraulic vale control system, the eDifferential active electric differential, and an electric axle system.
- Dana Holding Corporation improves its genuine heavy-axle carrier program. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2015, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the 2015 move of powertrain components supplier Dana Holding Corp. to enhance its heavy-axle carrier program for the aftermarket and highlights the launch of a part-numbering system and the addition of a new core exchange purchase option.
- Wheel Bearings: Diagnostics, Removal And Installation. // ImportCar;Aug2015, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on removal and installation of wheel bearings in automobiles including issues concerning noise created by automobiles in proportion to vehicle speed, cyclical noise created by automobile tires. and suggestion to remove axle with brake caliper bracket on the car.
- The Design and Development of a Single-axle Parallel Hybrid Powertrain Test platform. Qiang SUN; Cheng-cheng MA; Qiang MIAO; Guo-xiang LI // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 937, p346
Based on the structure analysis of a hybrid truck, design a single-axle parallel hybrid powertrain test platform. Modular design method is used to realize this platform and this platform is divided into four modules. Function design, software design and realization of the four modules are...
- Mud and tyres. Anders, Geoff // NZ 4WD;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p37
The article offers information about the size of automobile tires during the early years of motoring in New Zealand. It describes the features of automobile wheels and tires, including their threads, axles, chassis and casings. It also discusses the changes in the features of tires as...