Quick as a click
- New Information Technology Products. Cleaves, Eileen // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p66
Features several information technology equipment and supplies for the trucking industry in the United States. Includes Tracking Advisor by Eaton Corp.; ETruck.net by Kinetic Computer Corp.; StreetFinder Global Positioning System by Rand McNally.
- Sale of company requires professional evaluation. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2003 Buyer's Guide Issue, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p70
Focuses on the statement given by Allen Oppenheimer, founding president of AM Oppenheimer Inc., at the 2003 National Truck Equipment Association Convention in Atlanta, Georgia, on selling privately-held businesses. Factors that buyers look for when selecting companies; Ways to determine the...
- Letter to the Editor: Family-run businesses versus "big guys". Messer, Jeffrey // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;4/1/2014, p1
A letter to the editor in response to the article "The measure of a truck equipment distributor," published in the March 2014 issue on family truck equipment bbusiness is presented.
- Parts in the digital age. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Apr2011, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p75
The article offers information on the demand for trucking equipment parts in the digital age. It states that the internet is fostering stronger business-to-business connections. It mentions that while the internet has provided more accessibility and information to fleets, including the ability...
- Curry Supply provides online apparel store. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2015, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p56
The article announces the 2015 launch of truck equipment distributor Curry Supply Co.'s online store for apparel and accessories.
- Under the PUMP. // Diesel;May/Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p54
The article presents an overview of Silverdale, New Zealand-based Callaghan Concrete Pumps (CCP), a family-owned business run by Brian Callaghan and his wife. CCP was founded by Callaghan's father more than four decades ago, with Callaghan, Sr., hiring out a concrete pump and a rudimentary...
- Reading Equipment wins VMAC award. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the award received by the staff of Reading Equipment & Distribution Inc., a truck equipment distribution and installation center, from Vehicle Mounted Air Compressors. Inception of the center; Growth within the center; Total branches of the center in East Coast locations.
- The measure of a truck equipment distributor. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/1/2014, p1
The article presents views of several heads of companies on what it takes to make it in the truck equipment business. It is said that many businesses are run by the children or grandchildren of the founders, still doing business under the same name. Bill Brown, whose father started Bob's...
- How to start in hotshot. // Overdrive;Dec2014, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p32
In this article, author discusses ways and steps to start the hotshot business and discusses biggest differences lie in equipment choices and, for a leased owner. Topics include buying primary liability insurance coverage which is a important requirement to run in interstate, towing specs for...