AS ME opens office in Brussels, Belgium
- ASME's Irish visit. // Engineers Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p210
The article reports that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) will attend the event Summer Strategy Retreat in Ireland.
- Trade associations seek to engineer merger. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the merger of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers that could create a national organization with more than 200,000 members. Terms of the agreement.
- ASME and SME cease potential merger. // Quality;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p19
States that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers in New York State and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers in Dearborn, Michigan have stopped their merger negotiations. Joint activities of the organizations.
- Merger of engineering societies? // Industrial Paint & Powder;May99, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the possible collaboration and merger between the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Objective of the proposed merger; Background on the two societies.
- SME, ASME explore merger. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jun99, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the planned merger of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and Society of Manufacturing Engineers to provide enhanced services and advance educational missions in the United States.
- ASME opens office in Brussels, Belgium. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p50
Reports that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers has opened an office in Brussels, Belgium to broaden its global outreach to engineers in Europe and surrounding markets. Initial role of the society's first European office; Society's analysis of potential new markets and customers for...
- ASME and SME explore merger. Suzik, Holly Ann // Quality;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p20
Reports that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) are considering a merger deal. Purpose of ASME and SME programs and services; Comments from Phil Trimble, executive director of SME.
- Association News. // Quality;Sep2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p23
Presents updates on several manufacturing associations as of September 2000. Achievement of an ISO 9002 registration by the Precision Metalforming Association; Recognition given by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers to the airplane; Scholarships awarded by the Society of Manufacturing...
- Partners For a Better Tomorrow. Rice, Deborah // SWE Magazine;Summer2006, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p104
Highlights several examples of the collaborations made by the U.S. Society of Women Engineers (SWE) with other professional engineering societies since 1965. Supporters of the joint dinner meeting held by the Pacific Northwest Section of SWE and the Oregon Section of the American Society of...