Volvo Trucks New River Valley plant's environmental excellence earns an award
- Volvo's remote diagnostics captures Customer Value Enhancement Award. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2012, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p41
The article announces that the Remote Diagnostics aftermarket service of Volvo Trucks North America Inc. has received the Customer Value Enhancement Award from Frost & Sullivan Ltd.
- Volvo Trucks Safety Award returns in 2012 with Michelin. // Bulk Transporter;Mar2012, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that the Volvo Trucks Safety Award, which focuses on highway safety, is being sponsored by Volvo Trucks and Michelin.
- Saluting safe drivers. // Transportation & Distribution;Sep98, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
Reports on an award presentation in Dublin, Virgina, on August 18, 1998, by the Roadway, and Volvo Trucks companies. Purpose of the award presentation; Speakers at the presentation; Comments from David McDonald, a Roadway driver, regarding his safe record.
- Hagerstown gets a facelift. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jun2006, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on the makeover of AB Volvo's engine plant in Hagerstown, Maryland. The plant will improve its domestic production of the D-11, D-12, D-13, and D-16 engines for Volvo Trucks North America Inc. Volvo engines were also manufactured for Mack Trucks Inc. One specific change is...
- Volvo converts methane gas into power for New River Valley plant, achieves carbon neutrality. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;12/8/2014, p6
The article reports that vehicle manufacturer Volvo has completed the conversion of its New River Valley (NRV) facility in Virginia in November 2014 making the plant officially carbon neutral. Before the conversion, Volvo reported that the NRV plant produced 40,408 tons emission per year. Volvo...
- TWNA gives Volvo's XE13 top award. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/27/2012, p5
The article announces the 21st annual Technical Achievement Award that was received by the XE13 powertrain package of Volvo Trucks from the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) in Tampa, Florida in February 2012.
- GATR named Volvo U.S. Dealer of the Year. // Fleet Owner Blog;7/17/2012, p7
The article announces that Sauk Rapids, Minnesota-based dealership GATR has been recognized as the 2011 U.S. Dealer of the Year by the company Volvo Trucks.
- Volvo recognizes Bison, Food City for safety. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p36
The article announces that the fleets of Bison Transport of Winnipeg, Manitoba and Food City of Abington, Virginia were selected by Volvo Trucks North America to receive the 2009 Volvo Trucks Safety Awards.
- Volvo Honors GATR As 2012 U.S. Dealer of the Year. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/1/2013, p2
The article announces that GATR, formerly known as Grile Auto & Truck Repair, was named as the 2012 Volvo Trucks Dealer of the Year.