Certified Welding Supervisor program begun
- MAINE. // Welding Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p74
The article reports that the American Welding Society (AWS) Maine Section has hosted on August 2, 2008 a Certified Welding Supervisor examination for 18 members at Maine Oxy in Auburn, Maine. The test was conducted by Mark Legal, a welding instructor at Southern Maine Community College, Russ...
- Improving Productivity of Face--to--Face Contacts. Gaetano, Edward J. // Industrial Management;May69, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the results of a study focusing on face-to-face contacts among supervisory personnel in an industrial engineering project. Quantity, direction and reasons for the contacts; Tips on listening which can enhance the productivity of face-to-face contacts; Positions and duties of...
- Joke of the Week. // Eastern Door;7/11/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p27
No abstract available.
- Money-saving ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Aug97, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p21
Offers money-saving ideas for profit-minded supervisors. Includes use of green colors to highlight products' name; Evaluation of products labeled as scraps; Efficacy of synthetic rubber pads for mooring machines.
- Overcoming a stigma. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on strategies for counteracting damaging allegations against a supervisor. Issues on gravity of accusations and change objectives; Suggestions for designing and implementing counteractions to employer or supervisor stigma; Legal intent on counteractions against accusations.
- Events. // Management Services;Oct87, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p40
This article reports about various events of the Insitute of Management Services during October- November, 1987. The Telecommunications User's Association (TUA) is presenting a two-day event on the selection of small to medium PABXS. The event will be held at the Forum Hotel in London. Day 1 is...
- Covering ground in more ways than one. Grooms, Lynn // Apply;Jan2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Features several cooperatives providing custom spaying services. Comments from Todd Allison, shop foreman for Sully Cooperative in Sully, Iowa; Additional service offered by Queen Anne's Country Service in Centreville, Maryland; Advantages of the use of wide booms by CHS-Wheeler in Moses Lake,...
- Striking the boss. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on an argument between maintenance foreman Lennie Lederman and carpenter grade II Harry Risner in a manufacturing plant in Atlanta, Georgia. Fight between Lederman and Risner; Justification for dismissal; Response of plant engineer Chuck Romboldt.
- Who will I be today? McManus, Kevin // IIE Solutions;Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p20
Discusses how industrial engineers can enhance their leadership skills. Challenges faced by industrial supervisors; Tips to improve employee performance; Importance of involving the team in making systems improvement.