ArvinMeritor plans to close Ohio facility
- ArvinMeritor shuts trailer axle plant. // Commercial Motor;7/28/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5138, p8
Reports on the decision of ArvinMeritor CVS to close its trailer axle and suspension plant near Wrexham, Wales. Number of jobs that are threatened to be dismissed; Reason behind the closure decision; Alternative site being considered by the company to take over its production.
- ArvinMeritor to close assembly operation. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the plan of ArvinMeritor Inc. to close its Commercial Vehicle Systems (CVS) assembly operation in Saint Thomas, Ontario by November 23, 2007. The closure is said to be a part of restructuring actions in North America and Europe and is expected to affect some of its plants...
- Relocation causes trailer axle shortage. // Commercial Motor;6/8/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5181, p7
The article reports on the axle shortages facing component manufacturer ArvinMeritor Commercial Vehicle System following the problems encountered in relocating production to Cwmbran, Gwent, Wales. The company had decided to shut down its axle site in Wrexham. Company spokesman believes that the...
- ArvinMeritor consolidates its operations. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p10
The article focuses on the plan of ArvinMeritor Inc. to consolidate its three ride control facilities in North America, and close its original equipment shock absorber operation in Toronto, Ontario, along with its packaging and distribution center in Chickasha, Oklahoma. Based on the article,...
- ArvinMeritor to close 13 plants. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p41
The article reports that ArvinMeritor Inc. has announced that it would restructure 13 plants, affecting 2,800 employees. Nine closings will be in North America while the other four will be in Europe, including one in Frankfurt, Germany. Aside from Frankfurt, no locations were specified and a...
- 600 jobs to go at Bridgestone. Graham, Rob // Green Left Weekly;11/4/2009, Issue 816, p5
The article announces the closure of tyre manufacturer Bridgestone Australia's factory, that will result to the dismissal of about 600 employees, in Adelaide, South Australia in April 2010.
- Can you schedule vacation during a shutdown? // Plant Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p16
Discusses whether an employee can schedule vacation during a plant shutdown. Arguments of plant engineer Albert Jordon favoring a company's decision to declare the shutdown a vacation week.
- The cooperative movement as a solution. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;4/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p21
Reports that the Cooperativa Industrial San Jose in Aibonito employees came together and reopened the plant as a cooperative after hearing that the factory was going to shutdown. What Ivan Alonso wanted to establish; Types of contracts that were issued; Number of members in the co-op; Comments...
- Layoffs Take Advance Preparation. Wilson, Steve // Management Review;May91, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p5
Provides suggestions on how to inform employees about layoffs and plant closing in the U.S. Anticipation of questions employees will have to ask; Preparation of communications including announcements to employees, vendor and customers and the news media; Federal plant closing law.