Tightening the United States Immigration Laws in the 21st Century
- Bush to World Travelers: Get Lost. // Business Mexico;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on the necessity for Mexicans and other foreigners to have a visa to make connecting flights to the U.S. Provision of the Transit Without Visa program; Reason for the suspension of the program; Rerouting of the...
- DHS cracks down on illegal hiring practices. // Professional Carwashing & Detailing;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that in an effort to enforce immigration policies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is focusing its attention on employers.
- A 'WILLIE HORTON' REPLAY IN ARIZONA? Hosenball, Mark // Newsweek;5/10/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 19, p8
This article notes that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama has stated that it will not cooperate with immigration legislation enacted in Arizona in 2010 by deporting individuals found to be living in the state without legal documentation.
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Part 1. Nachman, David; Phulwani, Michael // News India Times;2/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the provisional unlawful presence waiver created by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen. It says that the waiver allows the Department of State (DOS) consular office to issue an immigrant visa without delay. It mentions...
- KEEP HOPES ALIVE: EADS & ACCEPTING JOB PROMOTIONS AFTER AN I-140 APPROVAL IS SOON GOING TO BE A REALITY. Phulwani, Michael; Nachman, David H.; Singh, Rabindra K. // News India Times;11/13/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p25
The article offers information on the approval of the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, to allow the beneficiaries to engage in career advancements, from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The topics discussed include the effectivity date of the said ruling, the report released...
- Entry to US set to get tough with new rules. // Travel Weekly (UK);6/6/2008, p3
The article reports that visa restrictions for the U.S. will tighten from January 2009. The announcement made by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection requires travelers to submit security details online prior to travel. The Electronic System for...
- SECURE COMMUNITIES: BURDENING LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AND UNDERMINING THE U VISA. Gill, Lindsey J. // William & Mary Law Review;May2013, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p2055
No abstract available.
- Let's Clarify E-Verify. MIHELICH, MAX // Workforce Management;Aug2013, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p26
The article reports on the impact of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 on employers in the U.S. The bill has a provision that would demand all employers to begin using the E-Verify system in addition to the provisions that would raise temporary...
- OPINION. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/14/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p0006
The author discusses the immigration bill introduced by U.S. Representative Candice Miller from Michigan. The author agrees that passing of the bill can give the Homeland Security secretary the ability of suspending participation of foreign countries in the visa-free programs although other...