become a friend of news from native California
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Fall2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
The article presents information on topics to be discussed at the Spring 2007 issue of the periodical "News From Native California," which will mark the twentieth anniversary of the periodical, including books on Native Americans to be published as part of the celebration such as "First...
- editor's notes. Bear, Lindsie // News from Native California;Summer2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
The article highlights the author's gratitude on the contribution and dedication shown by readers of "News from Native California" journal.
- How to Support News from Native California. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Summer2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p30
This article provides information on supporting this magazine. A call for donations is issued with an explanation of the financial circumstances under which the magazine operates. The services provided by the magazine for the Indian Community in California are presented in terms of the changing...
- News from Native California. // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p27
Provides information on the "News From Native California" magazine which is devoted to Indian culture in California. History of the magazine; Features of the inaugural issue; Coverage of the magazine.
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Spring2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article presents the author's opinion on the joys and challenges of publishing this journal. She comments on the financial difficulties of publishing and the capacity to maintain their California Indian Publishing Program. She is grateful for the donations she received after she asked and...
- How to Support News from Native California. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p34
This article presents information about the development of the periodical and the costs of publication. The article also explains how to subscribe or make donations for the support of "News From Native California."
- Big Times/Little Times. Medina, Vincent // News from Native California;Fall2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p37
The article offers an update related to the Native Americans of California as of October 2015. Terria Smith is the new editor for "News from Native California" magazine. Deborah Miranda won the PEN Oakland-Josephine Miles Literary Award for her book "Bad Indians: A Tribal Memoir." Native...
- Learn all about it. // California Chronicles;Nov98, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p30
Lists different sources of information about California's Native American tribes and their culture.
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Summer2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
This article introduces the magazine with a discussion of the traditions of Native Americans in California and that state's place on the cutting edge of modern technology.