Acorn: An Indigenous Curriculum
- Integrating the emergent literacy curriculum with themes. Strickland, Dorothy S.; Morrow, Lesley Mandel // Reading Teacher;Apr90, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p604
Explores the integration of content and emergent literacy curriculum with themes. Characteristics of integrated school; Opportunities provided by science and social studies for literacy development; Use of animals as theme of study.
- Editor's Notes. Surry, Dan // TechTrends: Linking Research & Practice to Improve Learning;Mar2014, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses various papers published in this issue including one by Yusup Hashim on the use of iPads by teachers, one by Moore on the importance of building community in online courses and one by Aldosemani and Shepherd on Second Life as a way for creating environments to enhance...
- Critical Literacy as a Tool for Preparing Prospective Educators for Teaching in a Multicultural World. Hadjioannou, Xenia; Fu, Danling // New England Reading Association Journal;2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p43
A case study of a graduate course on "Literacy, Family and Culture," offered in a large southeastern university is presented.
- Editorial Comment. Zeegers, Margaret // Practically Primary;Jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including activities for young literacy learners, on preschool reading, and the Australian Curriculum English.
- A Curriculum Built Not to Last. Johnson, Doug // School Library Journal;Apr99, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the issue of creating an information-literacy model for the 21st century. Learning outcomes of a curriculum called Agatha; Details on the process of creating the curriculum.
- Making a case for media literacy in the curriculum: Outcomes and assessment. Scharrer, Erica // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p354
Argues for the widespread adoption of media-literacy curricula in schools, after-school programs and programs for adults run by community-based organizations. Guidelines for media literacy; Philosophical perspectives on media literacy; Techniques for measuring student learning.
- Information Literacy: An Online Course for Student Library Assistants. Lincoln, Margaret // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p29
A description of the course "Introduction to Information Literacy" being offered at Lakeview High School in Battle Creek, Michigan is provided.
- (Teaching) Essayist Literacy in the Multimedia World. Khadka, Santosh // Composition Forum;Fall2015, Vol. 32, p1
This article presents an argument for the "re-turn" of essayist literacy in multimedia and multiliteracy contexts. For its democratic, pedagogical, and intellectual potential, essayist literacy is too important to be removed from composition curriculum, but it needs to be re-imagined within a...
- Government Commission Intros Fin. Lit. Strategy. // Credit Union Newswatch;12/20/2010, p7
The article reports on the launching of the 2011 National Strategy for Financial Literacy framework by the Financial Literacy and Education Commission (FLEC) to educate American citizens about financial topics in the U.S.