Hot Springs Leaching
- Spinneybeck. // Interior Design;2003 Fall Market, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p50
The article presents information on Capri leather from Spinneyback. Tannins from tara tree gives the light neutral color options for the leather.
- Tannins and partial consumption of acorns: Implications for dispersal of oaks by seed predators. // American Midland Naturalist;Oct93, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p229
Studies the relation between tannins and partial consumption of acorns and its implications for dispersal of oaks by seed predators. Permitting the seed's embryo survival; Preference for the basal end of acorns; Concentration of protein-precitable phenolics (tannins).
- Aprovechamiento de subproductos de la faena de aves. Curtido de pieles de pata de gallina. Iade, Juan; Casanova, Susana; Losada, Leticia; Larrosa, Andrés // Innotec;2012, Issue 7, p75
The aim of this development is to add value to one of the by-products of the poultry slaughtery, the chicken's feet. The process began with the skinning of the chicken's feet, which underwent a tanning process to obtain a leather characterised for its similarity with exotic leathers such as the...
- Histopathological, Hematobiochemical and Urinalysis Changes in Experimental Consumption of Oak (Quercus brantii) in Sheep. Derakhshanfar, A.; Pourjafar, M.; Badiei, K.; Talebanfard, H.; Shakhse-Niaie, M. // Journal of Pharmacology & Toxicology;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p153
Acorn contains variable amounts of tannins, so that causes occasional livestock toxicity. Because of its cheapness, accessibility and bad economic condition of many farms, oak ration is used in many parts of Iran. The 20 day period experiment was conducted on 9 female sheep (one-year-old and...
- Leather Options. // Qualified Remodeler;Sep2005, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p71
The article presents information on Leather Options, a range of home furnishings from Neo-Metro that uses a protective stain- and water-resistant coating during the tanning process. The range is available in black, oxblood, taupe, earth and beige colors.
- My Little Pony. Dam, Julie K.L.; Cojocaru, Steven // People;11/29/99, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p167
Presents photographs of actresses wearing clothes or carrying bags made from pony skin.
- Making rawhide. Duncan, Wayne // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p29
Teaches the process in making good rawhide for use in braiding. Materials; Tips in hide selection; Steps in framing; Recipe for the mix; How to flesh; Case; Other materials for use in braiding.
- Self-tanning, in 4 steps. WHITMORE, LISA // Redbook;Jun2014, Vol. 222 Issue 6, p48
The article offers step-by-step instructions for self tanning.
- ACORN BREAD. Tevis, Joni // Orion Magazine;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p88
The author describes her fascination with acorns. She relates that making acorn bread requires a lot of work, from gathering the nuts, shelling them and boiling the nuts to draw out the tannins causing the bitter taste. She recalls that she made an acorn necklace when she was a child. According...