INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TECHNOLOGY
- A foothold on the Web. Stackpole, Beth // PC Week;05/10/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p78
Suggests that industry-specific Internet markets will help information technology (IT) save time. Benefit to electronic commerce; Opportunities for IT managers and for channel partners such as middle-tier distributors; When the Internet model works best. INSET: VerticalNet blossoms into a full...
- Mauritius espouses e-commerce. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Apr/May2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the effort of Mauritius to capitalize on cultural and commercial links with Africa and India would improve e-commerce and Internet-based business in the country. Goal of plans to boost technology projects; Plan of information technology companies to increase local demand for...
- E-commerce in Malaysia: Perceived Benefits and Barriers. Khatibi, Ali; Thyagarajan, V.; Seetharaman, A. // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p77
Rapid developments in information technology and telecommunications have set the pace for an electronic revolution leading to emergence of E-commerce. The advent of internet offers many business firms new opportunities and challenges. However, there are various psychological and behavioural...
- Electronic commerce. // Congressional Digest;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p37
Discusses the worldwide growth of the `digital economy,' which is composed of electronic commerce and the information technology industries that make e-commerce possible. Statistics; Effect of growth in Internet access in the United States; Factors influencing online business.
- Hot Jobs in E-Business. Austin, Anne // Career World;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the various types of work in industries that produce or use information technology in the United States. Projected growth of electronic commerce worldwide; Estimated worth of business-to-business marketing over the Internet; Technical skills and other attributes considered by high...
- The Information Superhighway. McLeay, Fraser // Montana Business Quarterly;Autumn99, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
Evaluates the information technology and electronic business of Montana. Overview of the growth of Internet and electronic commerce in Montana; Web-based companies in the state; Plans for the information infrastructure in 2000. INSETS: Understanding e-speak;E-Business Trends.
- IT infrastructures are woefully unprepared for the demands and stresses of e-business. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;01/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p22
Reports the status of information technology (IT) infrastructures of electronic commerce companies as of January 10, 2000. Technical limits of Internet companies; Status of operations of electronic commerce firms; Cost of maintaining computer systems; Plans of companies for their IT architecture.
- SoCool@SoCal.com. Kotkin, Joel // Orange County Business Journal;08/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p83
Discusses factors contributing to the prevalence of the Internet and electronic commerce in Southern California. Inclusion of a study showing that the region has more Internet domain names than any other metropolitan area in the United States; Percentage of adult Internet users in Los Angeles;...
- Active.com Corners Sports Market. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p8
Reports on developments concerning information technology, the Internet industry and electronic commerce in San Diego, California as of December 18, 2001. Inclusion of the decision of Active.com to acquire eteamz.com; Peregrine Systems Inc.'s purchase of a suite of products from Tivoli Systems Inc.