INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- BRIEFS. // Marketing (00253650);6/22/2000, p9
Reports on advertising campaigns by broadcasting and publishing companies in Great Britain as of June 22, 2000. BBC Worldwide's increased export of programs in 1999; MediaAudits survey on online advertisers' accountability; Granada's appointment of David Chance and Nigel Rish as non-executive...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;1/3/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
Presents news briefs on the state of advertising-supported media in the U.S. as of January 2005. Information on the advertising market for television; Status of the radio broadcasting industry; Significance of the launch of Ford Mustang and Chevy Cobalt automobiles for magazine publishers.
- FILLING THE GAP: LOOKING TO HELP LOCAL READERS MAKE SENSE
OF A VOLATILE AND INCREASINGLY BORDERLESS BUSINESS WORLD. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/27/2004, Business Press in Asia p10
The publishers of the Thai daily broadsheet "The Nation" have launched a weekly business title to rival the long-time favorite Manager Weekly. Newsweek Select's content, selected, as the name implies, from other editions of Newsweek and then translated and adapted for the mainland introduces...
- Investment firms bank heavily on magazines. Hudes, Karen // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p12
No abstract available.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/12/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 34, p48
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in the entertainment industry in the U.S. Global new issues; Volume by product; Top new issues bookrunners.
- Marginal upside in titans' cross-media ad strategies. Crain, Rance // Crain's Chicago Business;06/18/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p11
Comments on the growing popularity of multiplatform advertising in the United States. Rise in the number of media mergers due to revenue prospects from multiplatform advertising; Premise of cross-media purchases; Lessons learned from the AOL Time Warner publications and expansion of National...
- Fighting for attention. Hargrave, Sean // New Media Age;3/20/2008, p24
The article examines which video advertising format will become standard in the coming years. It reports that because of an early phase development of online video, a variety of advertising formats are being tried. It also adds that despite warnings over the phasing out of pre-roll, broadcasters...
- Publishers go all out in make-or-break situation. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/22/2004, Greater China Profiles p24
This article focuses on issues related to the publishing industry in China. The economy may be on the upswing at last, but for publishers, tough challenges still loom in wooing and keeping fickle readers on their side. Business sentiment is improving, shoppers are back on the streets and...
- TRIBUNE TRIPS IN 1Q. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/16/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the decline of the net profits of broadcaster-publisher Tribune in the first quarter of 2004. Losses on some equity investments; Reasons for sluggish start to the year on the advertising front; Revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2004; Various issues that weighed on the quarter.