- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p31
This article presents the ranking of brokerage stocks, ranked according to their performance. The first firm in the ranking is Southwest Securities Group Inc. whose ticker symbol is SWS, % change is 7.972, year-to-date change is 23.258, 52 week low is 12.92 and 52 week high is 21.31. Friedman...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/6/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p29
The article lists several brokerage stocks in the U.S. ranked by performance. Some of the firms whose stocks have been listed are First Albany Corp., Jefferies Group Inc., Southwest Securities Inc., and Bear Stearns Cos. Inc.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/29/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 13, p22
This article analyses the performance of various stocks. The 52 week high reported by Sanders Morris Harris Group Inc. is 12.95, while the 52 week high reported by Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. was 35.10 and that reported by First Albany Corp. was 15.85. Year-to-date change reported by brokerage...
- The most profitable NYSE companies. // Equities;Jun98, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p19
Lists the most profitable companies in the New York Stock Exchange as of June 1998. Includes Vaster Res Inc.; UST Inc.; Avon Products; Sealed Air Corp.; Cendat Corp; Gencorp Inc.; Quaker Oats Co.
- Eastern Africa (including Mauritius): Uganda leads, Tanzania slips. // African Business;Apr2006, Issue 319, p20
The article reports on the stock market performance of companies in Eastern Africa. The stocks of Uganda have increased to 71 percent. Tanzania, despite impressive national economic growth, was the poorest performer in the sub-region. A table which lists the top 50 East African companies is...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/6/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 31, p20
Several charts are presented which rank the top brokerage and bank stocks of companies in the U.S., including the brokerage stocks of Friedman Billings, and Oppenheimer Holdings, as well as the bank stock HSBC Holdings.
- INVESTMENTS. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p32
Presents an update on the performance of the U.S. stock market from February 25 to March 3, 2004. Percent of increase in the stock price indexes; Updates on companies looking for potential stock buyers; Statistics cited by A.G. Edwards & Sons regarding the value of bond yields.
- Regulators Scrutinize Fee Accounts. Retkwa, Rosalyn // On Wall Street;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p20
Reveals that the National Association of Securities Dealers and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) scrutinize the broker's fee-based accounts. Key factor that determines the appropriateness of a fee-based account; Information on the proposed NYSE rule on fee accounts; Explanation on A.G....
- Calculating the ratios. BRUMMER, LEON // Finweek;3/31/2011 Top200 Supplement, p7
The article presents principles and definitions which are the basis of figures in tables showing performance of top 200 companies in the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). It is reported that published consolidated audited financial statements received and analysed before end-January 2011 were...