Compliance Costs Jump Ahead of New Regime
- South Africa to modernize investment rules. Chernoff, Joel; Mathews, Charlotte // Pensions & Investments;9/29/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on South Africa's investment rule as of September, 1997. Why South African regulators want money managers to register with authorities; Efforts of the Financial Services Board to review the country's legislation; Need to regulate foreign and domestic money managers operating in South Africa.
- No more excuses. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;10/07/2002, p18
Reports that the South African Collective Investment Schemes (CIS) Bill has eclipsed the Unit Trusts Control Act (UTCA). Endorsement of the CIS Bill by the unit trust fund managers; Advantages of the bill; Imposition of restrictions by UTCA; Determination of mandates for fund managers'...
- Investment advisers now subject to state regulation. Edwards, Paul N. // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p22
Discusses Ohio's Investment Adviser Act requiring investment adviser representatives to obtain licenses from the state Division of Securities and subjecting firms with assets $25 million and below under management under state regulatory oversight. Provisions of the law; Phase-in provisions;...
- A hard Act to follow. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;1/13/2003, p41
Analyses the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act that was signed into law in late 2002. Consequences of the law on investors and fund managers; Greater responsibility on financial advisers due to the act; Basic objectives behind the drafting of law; Chief developments that have taken...
- Fund managers face having their charges exposed. BENTLEY, GRAHAM // Money Marketing;10/15/2015, Issue 1505, p10
The article argues against the sunset clause which would lead fund managers to cut their fund charges and watch their revenue collapse as the clause may have their charges exposed.
- Priips confusion reigns. HANNANT, CHRIS // Money Marketing;10/20/2016, p19
The article offers information on the need for investment advisors to be aware of and prepare for the confusion over packaged retail and insurance-based investment products regulation from the European Union.
- MAS urged to ditch 'unnecessary' lobbying and focus on cost-cutting. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/16/2016, p1
The article reports that a drive to cut costs and reduce financial advisers' levy bills in Great Britain is forcing the Money Advice Service to ditch "unnecessary" lobbying activity.
- INCREASED MONITORING BY REGULATIONS OF BEST EXECUTION PROCEDURES AND NEW ELECTRONICS FILING RESPONSBILITIES. Kelvin, Jeffrey B. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p25
The author of this article believes that registered investment advisers need to be aware of two new developments in the regulatory and compliance areas in the increased monitoring by securities regulators of best execution procedures and new electronic filing responsibilities of agents on the...
- NIC CICUTTI. Cicutti, Nic // Money Marketing;5/12/2005, p32
Comments on the implications of the creation and establishment of the representative agency, the Independent Financial Advisers Defence Union in Great Britain. Functions of the agency; Regulation of the investment advising industry.