PLO set to delay statehood
- Arafat in Bonn. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p36
Recounts two days of talks in December 1993, among Palestine Liberation Organization Chairman Yasser Arafat, German Foreign Minister Klaus Kinkel, Chancellor Helmut Kohl, Social Democratic Party Chairman Rudolph Scharping and Minister of Economic Cooperation Carl-Dieter Spranger. Building a...
- IN A RUINED COUNTRY. Samuels, David // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Sep2005, Vol. 296 Issue 2, p60
The article focuses on the role played by Yasir Arafat, chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), in the destruction of Palestine. After the failed peace attempt at Camp David in the year 2000 political rumors floated about Arafat. He still believed that history was in his favor...
- The P.L.O. Strategy: Fight and Talk. // Time;1/27/1975, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p45
The article reports on the strategy executed by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) regarding the Paris incident. It states that for six successive nights, Israeli patrols struck the Arqub region of southern Lebanon and they had been patrolling the frontier hoping to knock out fedayeen...
- Arafat snag. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
Reports the Crown Travel Service of Bloomfield filed a lawsuit against the Palestine Liberation Organization over a terrorist attack on cruise ship. Gunmen threats; Arguments from court documents; Federal court judge ordering Yasser Arafat's deposition; Comments from spokesperson for Arafat.
- CAMBRIDGE DIARIST. M. P. // New Republic;11/18/85, Vol. 193 Issue 21, p51
The article comments on the stance of the U.S. towards the acts of terrorism around the world. Recently, the newspaper Boston Globe tried to present the violent acts of the Palestine Liberation Organization toward Israelis as pacifism. The American Friends Service Committee was seen pushing...
- Are Israel's hopes for peace with Arafat's PLO too high? Thomas, Cal // Human Events;1/28/94, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p22
No abstract available.
- Arafat Under Siege. // America;12/3/1983, Vol. 149 Issue 18, p341
The article explores the siege between the two factions of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). It states that fighters who are loyal to Yasir Arafat fought with a rebel faction within Tripoli which is seen as a deviation of the aspiration for peace of the Middle East. The Syrians were...
- Aspects of the Washington Israel-PLO agreement. Murray, Leo // Contemporary Review;Nov93, Vol. 263 Issue 1534, p229
Probes into the aspects of the Washington Israel-Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) agreement. PLO leader, Yasser Arafat; Objectives; Washington accord; Sentiments of Israelis over the agreement.
- PLO huddles, seeking US help. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;2/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 59, p6
Reports about Yasser Arafat facing rough weather within his organization for non-implementation of the 1993 accord with Israel. Arafat's efforts; Meeting of the Palestine Liberation Organization in Cairo on February 21, 1995.