An epidemic of mass destruction
- GERMAN AIDS NUMBERS DROP. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;4/14/1999, pN.PAG
Presents information on the number of AIDS cases in Germany as of April 14, 1999. Decrease in the number of AIDS cases in 1998 compared in 1997; Total number of Germans that developed AIDS.
- Recent Evolutionary History of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Subtype B�Response. Smith, Una R.; Kuiken, Carla R.; Korber, Bette T. // Journal of Molecular Evolution;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p643
The year of origin estimated by Lukashov and Goudsmit for HIV-1 subtype B is 1976 (95% CI, 1974�1977); this is significantly different from our prior estimate, 1967 (95% CI, 1960�1971). We review published evidence, which suggests that their estimate is too late.
- Fast Facts. // Medical Economics;7/23/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 14, p9
Presents statistics on AIDS as of July 2004. Number of Africans needing AIDS treatment; Percentage of Africans receiving treatment; Number of people in Latin America and the Caribbean needing AIDS treatment.
- HIV-Infected and Unaware. Klitsch, Michael // Family Planning Perspectives;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p243
This article discusses human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected people's lack of knowledge about their infection until shortly before developing AIDS. Young people and those who were infected heterosexually with the (HIV) often may not know they are infected until shortly before developing...
- Epidemiology and prognosis of AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in the HAART era. Antinori, Andrea; Ammassari, Adriana; Giancola, Maria Letizia; Cingolani, Antonella; Grisetti, Susanna; Murri, Rita; Alba, Lucia; Ciancio, Bruno; Soldani, Fabio; Larussa, Dora; Ippolito, Giuseppe; De Luca, Andrea // Journal of NeuroVirology;Aug2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p323
Whereas most AIDS-related neurologic disorders have reduced incidence since HAART therapy was introduced, we find that the incidence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) did not significantly differ between the preHAART and the HAART period (OR 0.78; 95% CI 0.41-1.50). These...
- Treatment of non-AIDS progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy with cytosine arabinoside. Aksamit, A.J. // Journal of NeuroVirology;Aug2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p386
This open label study determined the outcome of non-AIDS progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy patients treated with a standard dose of intravenous cytosine arabinoside. Nineteen patients with PML proven by brain biopsy or spinal fluid polymerase chain reaction were treated with intravenous...
- Cidofovir in AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: A monocenter observational study with clinical and JC virus load monitoring. Gasnault, Jacques; Kousignian, Pascale; Kahraman, Mufide; Rahoiljaon, Josoa; Matheron, Sophie; Delfraissy, Jean-Fran�ois; Taoufik, Yassine // Journal of NeuroVirology;Aug2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p375
A monocenter observational study was conducted to determine the clinical and virological effects of cidofovir added to highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) in AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). Exposure to other anti-viral drugs or late initiation of...
- Control of the medical treatment of AIDS. Velichenko, V.; Pritykin, D. // Automation & Remote Control;Mar2006, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p493
This work deals with the statement and the solution of problems of optimal control of the human immune system affected by a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The solution is performed by the numerical methods of optimal control on the basis of a dynamic model of the development of an infection...
- AIDS & RELATED LEGAL ISSUES. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;May2005, p108
Lists several publications on AIDS and legal issues related to the disease in the U.S. in 2005.