Go Proactive for Healthcare Identity
- How to implement HIPAA's security rule. Boswell, Donna A.; Gradle, Brian D. // AHA News;3/8/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on a security rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) in the U.S. and its compliance requirements for hospitals. Details of the standards covered in the rule; Ways to implement the HIPAA security rule; Purpose of the security rule; Importance of the...
- HIPAA SECURITY IS NEXT. Oatway, David // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jan2004, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p37
Presents advice on the implementation of data security component for health care facilities to meet the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act security requirements deadline before April 21, 2005 in the U.S. Factors to consider by healthcare facilities in deciding what security...
- HMOs juggle losses, costs and customers. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Discusses the health care strategy prevalent in New Orleans, Louisiana and in most parts of the United States. Efforts of insurance companies to manage the consumption of medical services through a review and referral system; Disadvantages for consumers; Influence of businesses over the...
- Health Care Cost Containment Potential For Employers. Pegels, C. Carl // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p208
Focuses on health care costs and the establishment of Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). History of HMO; Distinction of HMO from traditional health insurance; Participation of employers with the organization on health insurance.
- PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS--PREFERRED SOLUTIONS. Hyden, Ron W. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Jun84, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p428
Provides information on the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) as a solution to the increasing cost of health care in the U.S. Features of the PPO; Examples of success stories on the operation the PPO; Discussion on the obstacles to PPO development.
- Overall health care costs increase, reverse downward trend from 2009. // Endocrine Today;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the Health Care Cost Institute which revealed that consumer out-of-pocket costs for health care reached 735 dollars per individual in 2011 for those who had private insurance and are younger than 65 years.
- Time is right for universal health coverage. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;11/2/2013, Issue 690, p2
The article references an editorial by Assistant Professor Margaret Kruk which appeared in the October 23, 2013 issue of the "British Medical Journal (BMJ)," stating that universal health coverage is right and the smart thing to do.
- Size Not Only Factor In Health Plan Future. Resnick, Lindsay R. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/10/99, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p20
Provides information on how small and medium sized health care companies could compete in the health care industry. Disadvantages of small and medium scale health care plans; Factors to be considered by health insurers.
- LARGEST PPOs*. Coffey, Tim // San Diego Business Journal;2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p93
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of preferred provider organizations (PPO) in California as of April 2000. Number of contracting physicians; List of local medical directors; Contact information; Statistics on the total number of subscriptions.