An Eye on ROI
- BABY WATCH. McCHESNEY, SCOTT; MOORE, TOD // Health Facilities Management;Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses the proper implementation of electronic infant-protection systems. It cites a report by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which revealed that 47% of total infant abductions were made in health care facilities during 1983-2010. It presents several steps...
- Redesigning Hospital Alarms for Patient Safety. Chopra, Vineet; McMahon Jr., Laurence F. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/26/2014, Vol. 311 Issue 12, p1199
In this article, the authors talk about the need for hospital alarms in the U.S. to be redesigned in 2014 for patient safety. Topics discussed include the impact of hospital alarms on clinicians, hospital alarms as a patient safety problem according to a data released by the U.S. Joint...
- The drive of your life. Bates, Jane // Nursing Standard;8/3/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p30
Comments on the preparation of hospitals to introduce electronic notes in Great Britain. Benefits of the electronic system; Adequacy of the basic equipment; Quality of the computerized service.
- Spatial variations in the Soviet health service. Ryan, Michael; Prentice, Richard // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/7/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6376, p1494
Investigates the quality of health services on the territorial administrative in Russia. Indicators on the development of health services; Analysis on the number of doctors; Variation in the numbers of paramedical staff and hospital equipments.
- Helping Russia. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/30/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6839, p1432
Focuses on the problems related to health care in Russia. Lack of medical practitioners in hospitals; Shortage on pharmaceutical, hospital equipments, insurance funding and medical education; Efforts of other governments in addressing health care problems.
- Put a PC in your waiting room! Nelson, Rosemarie // Medical Economics;9/3/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 17, p26
Discusses the benefits of equipping a hospital's reception area with a computer. Results of using a computer for patient registration in an internal medicine practice in New York; Computer programs for patient registration; Reasons for providing a personal computer in the waiting area.
- Clinical Asset Management. Mages, Marilyn E. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p56
The article discusses clinical asset management and planning in the acquisition and utilization of an equipment in hospitals in the U.S. Hospitals must optimize an equipment before purchasing. In such a way, this makes an acquisition of a more efficient asset. It also helps maintain the...
- Saints and Sinners emerged amid a very topsy-turvy 2008. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article recalls good and bad decisions in the business community in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2008. The Convention and Arena Authority was commended for chilling the wine appropriately for the second Wine & Food Festival in November. Also hailed is Spectrum Health for leading state hospitals...
- Crisis causes some malignant growth. // Business North Carolina;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the connection between the increasing number of construction projects and medical equipment purchasing of North Carolina hospitals with the increasing cost of medical care in the state. Effect of defensive medicine on medical costs; Role of hospitals and doctors in the rising costs of...