Safe Steps on Stairs
- County Security Systems Are Linked Through Operations Center Remodeling. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
The article highlights the development of a complete security system overhaul for Hennepin County, Minnesota by VTI Security Integrators (VTI). Founded in 1980, VTI had built a 20-year relationship working with Hennepin County. The partnership began with basic and standalone systems located at...
- To Thwart a Thief. // Banking;Sep70, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p84
Features the computerized safeguard against false entry (ComSAFE) security system from World Computer Systems Engineering. Description of how the ComSAFE system works; Advantage of the system concerning lost identification cards; Safeguard recommended to the security area.
- DISABLED MAN ASSISTED FROM AFAR. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p68
Presents the corporate profile of SafetyCare company. Information on the company's personal emergency response systems; Safety care platform; Services rendered.
- HOME, SECURE HOME. Flynn, Emily // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/25/2005-8/1/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 4/5, p68
Discusses security devices that are available to homeowners. How wealthy people tend to spend more on security systems for their homes; Description of high-tech security systems; Use of robots as guards.
- Foiling the Future Burglar: A Scenario for 2008. Stephens, Gene // Futurist;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p28
Presents a fictional scenario illustrating a potential future of technologies designed to prevent crime in the home. Use of lasers in homes as a form of burglary prevention; Description of Conrad, a computer security system that operates on voice recognition technology; Features of Conrad;...
- Monitoring the Latest Developments in Access Control. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;May2007, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the security management as an integral part of a commercial building designed. It mentioned that the improvements in security systems and its technology as part of the access control system in a building design in order to have a critical factor in choosing an appropriate...
- To foil a thief. // Consumer Reports;May2002, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p12
Offers suggestions on how to choose a home-security alarm. Prices for buying and installing an alarm; Wireless versus wired systems; The effectiveness of alarms linked to all windows and doors; Ways to prevent intruders, including better locks, better doors and windows, hiding money and...
- Secure Your Home. Huang, Nellie // Money;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p89
Insurers think home-security systems are a good thing: If you get a system that notifies an outside network, they'll knock 15% to 20% off your home insurance premiums. And this is a good time to buy. The average system costs$1,000 these days, down from $1,509 in 1990. But consider this: False...
- Secure homes. Atlas, Randall // Futurist;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p25
Discusses future home security measures and devices. Description basic defensible-space strategies, including natural access control, natural surveillance and territorial reinforcement; Current high-technology security systems, including the Kurzweil Voice System, which uses voice recognition...