Bank on It
- Don't Waitâ€”Back Up Those GPOs Now! Moskowitz, Jeremy // Windows IT Pro;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on the protection of Group Policy Objects that contain critical domain information. Installation of Group Policy management Console and Service Pack 1; Project steps.
- Campus Graduates to Intelligent Video. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the installation of surveillance systems in John Hopkins University. Significance of the behavior recognition software solutions; Selection of Cernium's Perceptrak system for the university; Features and capabilities of the system. INSET: 'See' More Like Humans.
- Formal Policy based Authorization Model for Ubiquitous Enterprise Computing Environment. Kaur, Supreet; Singh, Kawaljeet // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jul2013, Vol. 73 Issue 1-22, p26
Ubiquitous computing environment demands a dynamic access control mechanism that can adapt to the changing security requirement of the computing environment. In this paper an authorization model for ubiquitous computing environment is proposed and a formal approach is adopted to design a...
- Tests show IPS products maturing. Walder, Bob // Communications News;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on an intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) group test conducted by NSS Group in Great Britain in 2006. IPS are proactive defense mechanisms developed to detect malicious packets within normal network traffic. They also stop intrusions dead, blocking the offending traffic...
- Location is Everything. Crotty, Kernan // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004 Supplement, p6
The article focuses on the tracking system in transportation industry. While vehicle tracking has been a staple of the trucking industry for the past several years, the tracking typically applies to the tractor portion only. Tracking tractors may be the perfect solution for some companies, but...
- Agency's Digital Security A Key Issue. Vaz, Alvito // National Underwriter / P&C;5/10/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 18, p20
Discusses the need for independent insurance agencies to develop and enforce basic procedures and strategies concerning digital security to protect their computer systems. Factors contributing to the seriousness of digital security threats; Items to consider in defining a security policy for the...
- It's All About the Bottom Line. Bogart, Eli // UMAP Journal;Summer2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p115
The article presents the description of a model to evaluate and optimize choices of security systems for a new university, which could easily be extended to another organization. For this model to work, a university's computer systems must support activities ranging from word-processing to...
- Computer Sentries. Fickes, Michael // Government Security;Apr2004, p16
Focuses on National Aeronautics & Space Administration Ames Research Center's employment of an all-in-one environmental and physical security system to protect its computer network. Description of Ames Research Center's research concerning the emerging field of nanotechnology; Features of the...
- They Think, Talk, Act. Franklin, Clifford // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on the addition of intelligent systems and video analytics in surveillance systems. Efficiency of the intelligent surveillance systems; Features and capabilities of the system; Benefits of the system on business; Programming technique commonly used in the system.