News & Notes
- Marketers can be denied public info. Carr, Chris A. // Marketing News;06/05/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p22
The article reports on the dispute between Los Angeles Police Department and United Reporting Publishing Corp. over the public access to arrestees' and victims' addresses for political and journalistic purposes. The Internet and computerized data banks provide marketers with instant access to...
- Restraining panels secure Calif. Police Department. // Government Product News;Jul97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the use of counter line conveyance system at the front desk of the Bell Gardens Police Department in Los Angeles, California by Insulgard Corporation. Material the panel is made from; Comments from Lieutenant Magdaleno, Bell Gardens Police Department; Why the panel was installed.
- Taser launches service plan. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/18/2014, pA02
The maker of stun guns debuted a $99-a-month Officer Safety Plan service, as part of the Los Angeles Police Dept.'s body camera order. The service includes data storage and processing for use as evidence in court, unlimited storage and automatic upgrades to newer-model cameras every 2.5 years as...
- Dangerous robberies in Calif. eateries show need for solid security protocols. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses a series of restaurant robberies by the "Ski Mask Bandits" in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles, California and offers robbery prevention tips for restaurant proprietors from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). The Ski Mask Bandits have allegedly targeted over...
- Big orders continue for Taser. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2015, pA02
The supplier of stun-weapons and body cameras to law enforcement agencies on Wed. announced more than 1,200 orders for Axon wearable cameras from 15 police departments in eight states. The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office in Calif. placed the largest order, for 241 Axon body cameras. The...
- Watching crime decrease. // American City & County;Sep2004, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p65
Discusses the Safer Cities Initiative program launched by the Los Angeles Police Department in California for MacArthur Park in September 2003. Purpose of the program; Contract entered into by the police department and Pasadena, California-based Hamilton Pacific; Statistics on crime around...
- Three-day work week reduces L.A.P.D. blues. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 68, p3
Discusses the experimentation of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) with three-and four-day work weeks to cut costs and improve the morale of police officers. Details of the program; LAPD's credibility.
- Pride, tradition, service to the community--an LAPD career. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Dec1996/Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the benefits of a career with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). Superiority of training; Diversity programs for women and minorities; Experience of officers Karen and Carla Zuniga with the LAPD; Admission requirements.
- Under fire at the LAPD. Greengard, Samuel // Personnel Journal;Apr96, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the efforts of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in California to adopt effective human resources practices. Includes adoption of corporate human resources standards; Development of solutions to recruitment problems; Learning from mistakes; Screening process; Initial reports of...