- Expression of energy metabolism related genes in the gastric tissue of obese individuals with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Mehta, Rohini; Birerdinc, Aybike; Lei Wang; Younoszai, Zahra; Moazzez, Amir; Elariny, Hazem; Goodman, Zachary; Chandhoke, Vikas; Baranova, Ancha; Younossi, Zobair M. // BMC Gastroenterology;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p2
Background Stomach is an integral part of the energy balance regulating circuit. Studies exploring the effects of cross-system changes in the energy homeostasis in stomach tissue are scarce. The proximity of the stomach to liver - the most common secondary target affected by obesity - suggests...
- Some Dietary Supplements Can Harm Your Liver. // Women's Nutrition Connection;Jan2017, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
The article presents a research review published in the "Hepatology" journal which talks about liver injuries caused due to drug interactions with supplements like steroid drugs, herbal supplements, and Ayurvedic medications.
- Liquid Medicine. // Women's Health;Oct2008, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p30
The article reports on a study published in an issue of "Hepatology" which revealed that a glass of wine each day may lower the risk of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Such disease can lead to liver scarring and cancer. Researchers surveyed 12,000 men and women about their alcohol intake and...
- Look Out for Your Liver. // Focus on Healthy Aging;Apr2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p2
The article focuses on the result of the study published in the January 2012 issue of the journal "Hepatology" on the chronic liver disease or cirrhosis in the U.S. Scott L. Friedman of Mount Sinai's Division of Liver Diseases states that the importance of regular monitoring of liver health was...
- After 14 years of work and progress. Méndez-Sánchez, Nahum // Annals of Hepatology: Official Journal of the Mexican Associatio;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The article announces the 14th anniversary of "Annals of Hepatology" (AH) and it has received the first prize for best national journal of 2015 from the National Council of State and Technology (CONACYT).
- Editorial: Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease After Liver Transplantation: A Case of Nurture and Nature. Ong, Janus; Younossi, Zobair M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2010, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p621
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a common cause of chronic liver disease. Most patients with cryptogenic cirrhosis are considered to have had â€œburned out NAFLD.â€ Although the recurrence and progression of NAFLD after liver transplantation (LT) have been shown previously,...
- Literature reviews. Steffen, Rita; Lampe, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1997, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p671
Reviews the medical report `Autoimmune Hepatitis in Childhood: A 20-Year Experience,' by G.V. Gregory, B. Portmann, F. Reid, et al from the journal `Hepatology' dated 1997.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease Is Associated with an Increased Risk of Gastric Cancer. Ha, Tae; Kim, Byeong; Jeong, Donghyong; Oh, Sohee; Kim, Won; Jung, Yong; Ahn, Dong; Jeong, Ji; Kim, Ji; Lee, Kook; Koh, Seong-Joon // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Jan2017, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p273
Background: Little information is available regarding the relationship between alcoholic liver diseases (ALD) and the development of gastric neoplasia. Aim: The aim of this study was to examine whether ALD is associated with the increased risk of gastric neoplasia. Methods: We reviewed the...
- Congestive Gastropathy and Other Upper Endoscopic Findings in 81 Consecutive Patients Undergoing Orthotopic Liver Transplantation. DeWeert, Thomas M.; Gostout, Christopher J.; Wiesner, Russell H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1990, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p573
Pretransplant endoscopic findings in 81 consecutive patients with nonalcoholic liver disease were examined to determine the spectrum of abnormalities encountered, with particular attention to mucosal changes consistent with congestive gastropathy. Abnormalities were observed in 75 patients...