Flares in chronic hepatitis B patients induced by the host or the virus? Relation to treatment response during Peg-interferon Î±-2b therapy
- An overview of treatment response rates to various anti-viral drugs in Pakistani Hepatitis B Virus infected patients. Ali, Liaqat; Idrees, Muhammad; Ali, Muhammad; Rehman, Irshad-ur; Hussain, Abrar; Afzal, Samia; Butt, Sadia; Saleem, Sana; Munir, Saira; Badar, Sadaf // Virology Journal;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Hepatitis B virus (HBV) is one of the leading health problem with up to 350 million affected people worldwide including 4.5 million only in Pakistan. It has mortality rate of 0.5 to 1.2 million per year worldwide. Pakistan lies in the endemic region with 3-5% HBV carrier rate in the country. The...
- Genotype B and Younger Patient Age Associated with Better Response to Low-Dose Therapy: A Trial with Pegylated/Nonpegylated Interferon-Î±-2b for Hepatitis B e Antigen-Positive Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B in China. Hong Zhao; Kurbanov, Fuat; Mo-Bin Wan; You-Kuan Yin; Jun-Qi Niu; Jin-Lin Hou; Lai Wei; Gui-Qiang Wang; Tanaka, Yasuhito; Mizokami, Masashi; Chong-Wen Si // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/15/2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p541
Background. Cost and clinically significant adverse effects are the major limiting factors of interferon (IFN) use in therapy for chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. A clinical trial was conducted in China to study the efficiency and clinical relevance of low-dose regimen of IFN treatment...
- Comparison of 12-Month Courses of Interferon-Î± -2b--Lamivudine Combination Therapy and Interferon-Î± -2b Monotherapy among Patients with Untreated Chronic Hepatitis B. Yalcin, Kendal; Degertekin, Halil; Yildiz, Fetin; Celik, Yusuf // Clinical Infectious Diseases;6/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p1516
We compared the use of prolonged synchronous combination therapy with interferon (IFN)-Î±-2b and lami-vudine with the use of IFN-Î±-2b monotherapy in patients with untreated hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-positive chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Thirty-three patients received...
- Antineoplastics. // Reactions Weekly;9/25/2010, Issue 1320, p11
The article describes the case of a 58-year-old man who experienced a hepatitis B virus (HBV) reactivation following treatment with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone (R-CHOP) for small B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Hepatitis B virus reactivation associated with ruxolitinib. Shen, Chien-Heng; Hwang, Cih-En; Chen, Yi-Yang; Chen, Chih-Cheng // Annals of Hematology;Jun2014, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p1075
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article that was published in the October 31, 2013 issue of the periodical which discusses the reactivation of Hepatitis B virus associated with drug ruxolitinib.
- Effect of alpha-interferon treatment in patients with hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B. A meta-analysis. Wong, David K.H.; Cheung, Angela M.; O'Rourke, Keith; Naylor, C. David; Detsky, Allan S.; Heathcote, Jenny; Wong, D K; Cheung, A M; O'Rourke, K; Naylor, C D; Detsky, A S; Heathcote, J // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/15/93, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p312
Purpose:To determine whether alpha-interferon is effective in terminating viral replication and in eradicating the carrier state in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Data Sources:Randomized controlled studies published in the English literature...
- Genotype Mixtures of Hepatitis B Virus in Patients Treated with Interferon. Hannoun, Charles; Krogsgaard, Kim; Horal, Petr; Lindh, Magnus // Journal of Infectious Diseases;9/15/2002, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p752
Little is known about coinfection among several hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotypes, although previous reports of recombination and genotype shifts indicate that this should occur. In the present study, we designed a method to identify mixtures of genotype A and another genotype, regardless of...
- UspeÅ¡na terapija hroniÄnog hepatitisa B u porodici primenom lamivudina. Nožić, Darko // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;May2006, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p504
Background. Hepatitis B virus infection is a global public health problem since it is a leading cause of liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. An optimal treatment is needed to reduce mortality. Current therapies for chronic hepatitis B include standard and pegilated interferon-alfa and...
- Lamivudine: A Viewpoint by Nicholas C. Tassopoulos. Tassopoulos, N.C. // Pediatric Drugs;2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p695
Focuses on chronic hepatitis B. Characteristics of the first phase of hepatitis B virus (HBV); Results of the international trial of lamivudine treatment in children and adolescents with HBV; Information on the use of interferon for the treatment of chronic HBV.