Fee issue remains sticky in section 8 restructuring
- Resident Didn't Disclose All Income. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;Mar2012, p6
The article discusses the case filed by a resident against the local housing authority in Minnesota for terminating her Section 8 rent assistance. It states that the local housing authority terminated the resident's rent assistance due to her failure to disclose her Minnesota Supplemental...
- Legal developments. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul97, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p591
Reports that the Board of Governors in United States is amending 12 C.F.R. Part 203, its Regulation C (Home Mortgage Disclosure). Effective date of implementing the amended regulation; Contents of the revised 12 C.F.R. Part 203.
- Push for housing funds. // Planning;Jun94, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the clamor of housing advocates in the United states for the legal provisions to increase housing fund allocations in the country. Lack of funds to provide housing assistance to Americans.
- VA loan bills for homeless passed. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30399, p6
Focuses on the passage of legislation allowing the Veteran's Administration to guarantee up to 15 loans for housing for homeless veterans in the US House. Details of the voting; Total worth of loans that will be guaranteed under the bill.
- House share. Dow, Simon // Public Finance;02/20/98, p14
Focuses on household growth in England. Two key issues for social housing providers; Information on social housing; Area regarding housing in which the corporation and housing associations have been collaborating successfully with councils.
- Cross-lender variation in home mortgage lending. Avery, Robert B.; Beeson, Patricia E. // Economic Review (00130281);1994 4th Quarter, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p15
Evaluates the feasibility of using information collected under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) of 1990 to form quantitative measures of lender activity for use in enforcement. Examination of three firm-level measures; Results showing that cross-lender variation in minority and low-income...
- If your credit less than perfect--beware. Harney, Kenneth R. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/4/95, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p33
Focuses on the High Cost Mortgage Act which takes effect October 1, 1995. Federal Truth-in-Lending protections; Impact on borrowers; Emphasis on home mortgages; Disclosures and rights for applications; Credit risks; Comments from industry executives.
- Fannie and Freddie seeking bad borrowers. Harney, Kenneth R. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/18/95, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p33
Focuses on the new policies in the United States concerning home mortgages. Modifications in the mortgage terms; Formal foreclosure proceedings; Effectivity of the new laws.
- High gear on housing. Holzer, Jessica; Soraghan, Mike; Raju, Manu // Hill;7/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 81, p1
The article reports on the urgency of passing a legislation by the U.S. Congress that would strengthen the oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the to rescue the crisis in housing sector.