Esser, GFOA see 'radical' changes from technology ahead
- Tower Talk Riles Issuers. Hume, Lynn // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p11
The article reports on the feedback of municipal bond issuers as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) talks about the Tower Amendment. It mentions that protests arrived as the SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter discusses the revocation of the Tower Amendment and securities law...
- Task force recommends budget advisory council. // American City & County;Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's formation of the National Task Force on State and Local Budgeting to develop budgetary practices for states and localities. Provision of guidance on what constitutes sound budgetary policies; Quality assessment; Feedback from task force...
- GFOA studies state and local government revenue collection. // Public Management (00333611);Oct97, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p44
Highlights the results of the survey conducted by the Government Finance Officers Association showing the improvements of state and local governments' revenue collections in the United States. Changes to the revenue collection processes; Enhancement of computer systems; Acceptance of electronic...
- Clarification. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p2
A correction to the article which incorrectly identified an individual who criticized the National Association of Bond Lawyers is an adviser to the Government Finance Officers Association debt committee is presented.
- GASB's Statement 34 is a step in the right direction. Reardon Jr., Robert M. // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p36
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's objections to the United States Government Accounting Standards Board Statement 34. Arguments against fixed-asset reporting; Importance of the establishment of accounting standards.
- GFOA says hearing panel unbalanced. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p32
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)'s complaints against a US Senate Banking Committee panel's supposed bias toward preempting state securities laws. Letter sent by the GFOA to panel officials; Submission by the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc....
- Firm News. // Disclosures;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p42
The article features the Capital Region Airport Commission that was cited by the Government Finance Officers Association for excellence in financial accounting and reporting.
- Henrico Co., Va., Bond School Honored. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p2
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has presented its 2001 Award for Excellence in Government Finance to the Henrico County, Virginia Department of Finance for its local government bond school.
- Debt Panel Needs More Time for TIF, Other Draft Guidance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p4
Reports on the plan of the debt committee of the Government Finance Officers Association to propose a recommended practices of tax increment financing in the U.S. Establishment of investor relations program; Creation of debt policies and limits; Problems associated with the draft policy on tax...