Legg Mason promotes muni professionals
- New Public Finance Head at Legg Mason. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p7
Reports the promotion of Richard Marvin to head the national public finance group of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. in Baltimore, Maryland. Tenure of Marvin at Wachovia Securities Inc.; Information on the immediate superior of Marvin.
- Legg Mason adding to its bank offerings. Kapiloff, Howard; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;9/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 184, p15
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s addition of a menu of portfolios it offers to bank trust departments. Offer of 12 portfolios of a fund family it manages called Navigator Class; Distributor of funds.
- A Productive May: Maryland Trio Readies Plans to Sell Nearly $600 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p6
Baltimore plans to sell $194 million tomorrow, a mixture of new-money and both current-and advance-refunding bonds, along with auction-rate and variable-rate bonds.The sale, via negotiation with Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc., involves $106.3 million in consolidated public-improvement refunding...
- Legg Brokers Critique Online Venture. // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p22
Looks at a group of brokers from Legg Mason Wood Walkers opposing the plan of the firm to introduce online trading to the market. Details on the online program; Views of the brokers on the program; Comments from James Brinkley, president and chief operating officer of the firm.
- A Niche for All Seasons. Konig, Susan // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p49
Explains how Gregory Hurlbrink, a Legg Mason Wood Walker representative, profits by targeting small-business owners who have sold their companies. Focus of Hurlbrink; Background of Hurlbrink; Status of Hurlbrink's assets under management.
- Celsion Could Jettison Division. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p5
Reports that Celsion Corp. has retained Legg Mason Wood Walker to explore strategic options for its Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia division including a sale of the unit.
- Legg Mason begins covering firms in E-commerce sector. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;6/15/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 112, p22
Reports that Legg Mason Wood Walker Incorporated initiated coverage of the electronic commerce sector in the United States during June 1998. Projections on the growth of the sector; Types of services offered by the company; Details on Legg Mason's coverage of Checkfree Corporation; Comments...
- Legg Mason Opens Office in Madrid. // Investment Management Weekly;10/8/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s opening of an equity sales office in Madrid, Spain and appointment of sales professionals to attract Spanish institutional investors. Information related to the appointed sales professionals.
- Legg Mason looks to consolidation to help it stay in the muni business. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p1
Focuses on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s consolidation push as part of an effort to boost its municipal bond business under the stewardship of senior vice president and manager of fixed-income trading and sales Joe Sullivan. Closure of underwriting and trading desks in Houston, Texas,...