Ohio electric power deregulation advances
- Competitive electricity markets are about choice. Brier, M. William // Las Vegas Business Press;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Opinion. Evaluates the guidelines for electric utilities to be used under a deregulated environment. Effect of banning the existing electric utilities from competing; Restrictions on the incumbent utility; Effect of the restrictions on the consumer; Argument of the Edison Electronic Institute.
- Electricity deregulation will pay long-term dividends. Toccoli, Betty Jo // San Diego Business Journal;03/23/98, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p43
Opinion. Presents the author's view on deregulation of the electric industry in California. Criticism on the Assembly Bill 1890; Rules under deregulation; Savings that can be generated by small businesses from deregulation.
- New bill faces reality of electricity deregulation timetable. // New Hampshire Business Review;05/08/98, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p7
Discusses several issues responsible for the delay of the approval of a bill that would introduce a cost-effective electric rates regulatory system in New Hampshire. Effect on deregulation; Effect on competition; Inconsistency with the notion that competitive marketplace should be the driver of...
- Deregulation needs some regulations. // Crain's Detroit Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p8
Calls for the Michigan Legislature to solidify the electric deregulation program and provide the legal certainty the industry needs to forge ahead in a competitive environment. Impact of the growth of Michigan's economy on the electrical infrastructure; Aim to achieve long-term stability of the...
- New bill seeks fairness for utilities, consumers. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p49
Reports on a draft of a electric-utility deregulation bill scheduled to be introduced in the Michigan Legislature on March 22, 2000. Sponsor of the bill; Provisions of the bill; Supporters of the bill.
- Deregulation bill leaves many questions unanswered. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/04/98, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p5
Focuses on the effort of legislators in Connecticut to pass an electrical deregulation bill that would allow electric utilities to recover some of their stranded costs by issuing bonds. Background on the proposed bill; Benefits of the bill to the business community in Connecticut; Method of...
- Legal Maneuvres and Changes Spotlight Power Struggles. // Energy User News;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
Discusses legal contentious issues related to electric power industry as the industry struggles with deregulation and other issues in the U.S. Impact of Florida state law on plan of constructing a merchant plant; Lawsuit filed by electric sector company Sierra Pacific Resources Co. against...
- New Competitive Opportunities May Emerge in the Deregulation of the Electrical Power Industry. Frankforter, Steven A. // Business Forum;Summer/Fall98, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p30
Focuses on the competitive alternatives offered by the electric industry restructuring plans to utility customers in the United States. Legislation of the electric power industry structures; Public issues about the electric power industry; Information on the deregulation efforts in New...
- Failure of utility bill no shock. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p15A
Reports on the rejection of a proposed electric utility deregulation bill in Indiana, which would have allowed retail customers to choose an electric utility by December 31, 1999. Reasons behind the bill's demise; Implications of the bill's defeat for electric utilities serving Indiana; States...