N.Y. bills could give boost to nonprofits' debt access
- Not for profits prepare for reduction in income amid fears government does not understand their growing burden. // Charities Management;2010, Issue 74, p2
The article focuses on the findings of a research conducted by the company IRIS revealing the concern of nonprofit organizations in Great Britain fearing decrease in their income and government funding, following the new coalition government's Emergency Budget.
- SFAS No. 124. Reynolds, Brian M. // National Public Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the US Financial Accounting Standards Board's (FASB) Statement of Financial Accounting Standard (SFAS) No. 124 called Accounting for Certain Investments Held by Not-for-Profit Organizations. Date of effectivity; Preconditions for any equity security to be readily determinable.
- Shelter is just one of many victims of the drastic legal aid cuts. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;2/12/2013, Issue 740, p7
The article highlights a drastic reduction in the government legal aid funding received by voluntary sector organisations, particularly emphasizing the housing and homelessness charity Shelter which suffered a 50 percent cut in funding. Richard Gutch, secretory of the independent body Low...
- IRS gold mine: Information on nonprofits. Childs, Kelvin // Editor & Publisher;07/04/98, Vol. 131 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on the 990 information, financial information about nonprofit organizations, required by the US Internal Revenue Service. Contents of the nonprofits' financial disclosure; Sources of 990 information; Benefits of the information on enterprising reporters.
- DCA Diced 62%. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;05/04/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p1
Focuses on the proposal of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to decrease the budget for not-for-profit arts programs in the city. Proposed funds for nonprofit arts programs in the 2002 executive budget of Mayor Giuliani; Example of the proposed budget list for individual programs and...
- Provo Literacy Center Closes. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;10/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p24
Reports the closing of the Family Literacy Center, a nonprofit organization that has operated out of the Provo City Library, due to lack of funding. Comments by Richard Harrington, president of the center.
- When Recipients Become Donors. Pospieszna, Paulina // Problems of Post-Communism;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p3
The Polish government funds NGO democracy-assistance programs in Belarus and Ukraine, recognizing that it is in Poland's interest that its neighbors should develop in positive directions, that Poland has a moral obligation to help others as it was helped, and that Poland's own successful...
- HUD Releases More Than $650 Million for Low-Income Seniors Housing. // Aging News Alert;1/16/2009, p20
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) has released more than $650m for housing for low-income seniors and people with disabilities. It informs that the funding will provide nonprofit developers interest-free capital advances to produce accessible...
- (GRANTS) Initiative Aids Fundraising for Nonprofits Dealing with Hunger Issues. // Aging News Alert;11/27/2009, p4
The article reports on United We Serve: Feed a Neighbor, a new initiative which will provide funds to nonprofit organizations that combat hunger issues. The U.S. White House, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) have associated for...