- Start messing around with state's budgeting process. Nolan, James D. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the problem about government budgeting in Illinois. Impact of the process on the lawmakers and the concept of democracy; Appeal of people to break the dictatorship of an oligarchy; Legislative manner of proposing and approving a government budget.
- Illinois Legislators Finish Session By Passing $50B Fiscal 2002 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p3
Reports on the $50 billion fiscal 2002 budget legislation passed by Illinois lawmakers as the complete their legislative session on June 1, 2001. Bond-financed expansion of Chicago's convention center and incentive package for Boeing Co.; Authorization given to the Metropolitan Pier &...
- Experts: A rainy-day fund for Illinois could mean stronger finances, ratings. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30476, p6
Reports that Illinois could improve its financial condition by creating a state rainy-day fund according to fiscal experts. Saving of millions of dollars in interest payments; Better ratings for Illinois if it had a rainy-day fund; Barry Poulson's criticism against a House bill that would...
- Exploring Menus and Pumping Up Negative Numbers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, MID WEST p38
Reports on fiscal and economic conditions of Illinois as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal year 2004; Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Amount of bonds issued in various sectors during 1998-2002.
- APPROPRIATIONS & STATE BUDGET. Bazan, Thomas J. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
The article presents information on the fiscal year (FY) 2014 operating budget of the state of Illinois, which was passed in seven legislative bills and with a total amount of 68.4-billion U.S. dollar. The budget includes funds for the state's retirement systems, several state agencies,...
- Another Report Maligns Illinois' Budget. // Bondbuyer.com;10/9/2014, p27
The article focuses on a report released by a local government review group in Illinois regarding the state's fiscal 2015 budget. It cited several risky practices in public budget allocation including borrowing to cover operations and shorting known expenses. Also noted are several budget and...
- APPROPRIATIONS & STATE BUDGET. Bazan, Thomas J. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);Sep2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p2
The article offers information on appropriations and state budget of Illinois for fiscal year 2015. The total operating budget of the state is 70.4 billion dollars, and the state agencies that received the largest budget allocation include Healthcare and Family Services, Central Management...
- State's deposits forfeited interest. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/26/95, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the losses incurred by the state of Illinois from former Treasurer Pat Quinn's linked-deposit initiative program aimed at boosting economic development.
- Harris chairing House Appropriation/Human Services Committee. SOSIN, KATE // Windy City Times;2/6/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p7
The article announces that Greg Harris was appointed chairman of the House Appropriation-Human Services Committee of the Illinois.