More Computerized, Specialty Units: the Change in Ranges
- Now: non-polluting gas ranges. Elaine Smay, V. // Popular Science;Sep84, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p82
Reports on the development of a stainless-steel ring in gas oven by American Gas Assn. Laboratories that cuts oxides of nitrogen emissions. Design and construction of the disc shaped ring; Functions of the gas range burner; Non-polluting effects of the disc used in the gas stove.
- GAS GRILLS High end for less. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p19
Provides information on gas grills. Features of Thermos Stainless grills; Criteria for buying gas grills; Safety features of gas grills.
- Ask CESA. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/22/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4468, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to cookery. One reader asks if stainless-steel pans should be seasoned with salt when new to prevent food sticking. Another inquires about the manufacturer that makes gas ranges with a fan oven. A reader requests for information on big chip...
- The Art of Cooking. Southard, Leslie // Log Home Living;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p44
The article describes an ideal artisanal log-home kitchen. The artisanal kitchen is designed to be large enough to accommodate a number of people. Upscale kitchens are designed with keeping areas and sitting nooks, including two to three work areas in one kitchen. Additional features to the...
- For better or worse? DiChristina, Mariette; Gunther, Judith Anne // Popular Science;May94, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p54
Discusses how gas ovens and ranges use very little gas--so little that modifications to increase efficiency would cost more to implement than they would save in gas over an average appliance's lifetime. Details on the Battelle project for the Gas Research Institute; Energy-savings design ideas...
- Leftovers. // Housewares;May/Jun2008, Issue 214, p53
The article provides information on the survey on cookwares. The British tabloid "Daily Mail" ran the results for their survey on the most useless cooking gadgets and the top 20 includes fondue set, egg boiler and egg slicer. Thirteen percent of housewives, according to the research conducted by...
- What's Hot In Cooking Appliances. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p68
Presents information on several cooking appliances. Profile Ovens from General Electric; Induction Wok VI 411 from Gaggenau; KM391G five-burner gas cooktop from Miele.
- kitchen bath. // Interior Design;May2012 Spring Market, Vol. 84 Issue 13, p209
The article features a selection of kitchen wares and appliances and bathroom fixtures including the luxury shower system from Watermark Designs, D3 Series ranges from Viking Range Corp., and Metal Boy cabinet from De Giulio Kitchen Design.
- Ovens and cooktops. Thomson, Jodie // Australian House & Garden;Jul2010, p193
The article offers tips on how to choose the right kitchen cooking appliances in Australia. Emilia Glem general manager David Gilmore states that buying a cooking appliance involves big decisions as it is an installation that becomes part of the house and one that can add value to the house. It...