AS DEMOGRAPHICS CHANGE: Vegetarian grows at Siemens
- The well-balanced meal. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Mar94, Issue 199, p96
Gives advice in putting together a balanced vegetarian diet. Sources of carbohydrates; Protein from vegetables; Substitutes for fat; Calcium from non-dairy foods; Non-animal sources of iron; Plant sources of B12; Recipes.
- Ring in the veg year! Marandino, Cristin // Vegetarian Times;Jan99, Issue 257, p24
Presents tips for a vegetarian living. Information on several vegetables; Information about tofu preparation; Suggested exercises.
- The vigilant veggie. Ostergarden, Jo // Bicycling;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p106
Outlines some simple guidelines for a healthy, vegetarian cycling diet. How a growing number of cyclists are becoming vegetarians; Performance benefits; How some common meals can be prepared without meat; Knowing your nutrients; Meatless sources of protein, vitamin B12, iron, and calcium.
- KID-FRIENDLY CHICKENLESS NUGGETS. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
A recipe for child-friendly chickenless nuggets is presented.
- Should kids be vegetarians? Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the issue of whether children should be given vegetarian diets. Fiber in vegetarian dishes as leading to deficiencies in nutrients such as vitamin B; Need for parents to plan and prepare nutritionally complete plant-based meals.
- The vegetable's biggest fan: Mollie Katzen. Barish, Ellen Blum // Current Health 2;Oct93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p27
Discusses vegetarian cookery and Mollie Katzen's contribution. Katzen's `Moosewood Cookbook'; Nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables; Revisions in vegetarian cookery which use low-fat seasonings and ingredients. INSET: Why only veggies? (vegetable sources of nutrients)..
- Food pyramid. Roberts, Marjorie // Total Health;Jun94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p58
Presents a food guide pyramid that conveys all the essentials of a vegetarian diet. Devised by Dr. Arlene Spark, a clinical associate professor of nutrition at New York College; Different categories; Amount of daily consumption for each category.
- 25 Years of Vegetarian Food and Nutrition. Mangels, Reed // Vegetarian Journal;2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the development of the vegetarian movement in the U.S. According to the author, it is a lot easier being a vegetarian today compared to twenty-five years ago citing the increasing availability of vegetarian food. He also discussed on the nutritional aspects of vegetarian...
- Five-day meal plan. // Natural Health;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p104
Presents a short-term vegetarian diet for balancing blood sugar level and weight loss, factors that are important in the management of diabetes.