The hand-held meal
- BREAKFAST FOODS--COST VS. NUTRIENTS. // USA Today Magazine;May2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2684, p8
Discusses a research which examined the breakfast foods of students in the U.S. Food choices; Percentage of students who eat fast food breakfast; Details of the nutritional value of ready-to-eat cereals.
- Cereal + milk = better math grades. Melton, Marissa // U.S. News & World Report;11/09/98, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p78
Reports that eating breakfast improved the performance of students in mathematics. Study at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston; Impact of eating breakfast on grades and behavior; Importance of breakfast for the brain; Details about the breakfasts offered by the study; Recommendations for...
- Breakfast especially important in Okla. City schools. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p22
Features the breakfast program for schools in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Supervision needed by the students; Efforts of schools in teaching nutrition to promote the importance of eating breakfast; Benefit offered by the program on the students.
- New start-up combos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p112
Provides information on innovative ideas to increase student breakfast participation at some school cafeterias in the United States. Promotional giveaways; Popular breakfast foods among students; Breakfast choices for students; Free breakfasts.
- IN ONE SCHOOL, MORE TO FOLLOW: Brandywine takes the school b'fast challenge. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p50
Reports that increasing breakfast participation of students is a priority in school districts in the United States. Details on the breakfast program of Brandywine School District in Delaware for its students; Reason for prioritizing breakfast participation in schools.
- Improving Nutrition and Learning: USDA launches universal free school breakfast test. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Offers a look at the School Breakfast Pilot Program of the United States Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service. Reasons for the low level of participation in the breakfast program; Meals that will be given to all elementary students; Objective of the program; Where the results...
- 2001 FSD HEALTHY MENU STUDY SHOWS: MORE NUTRITION ON-THE-PLATE. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
Summarizes the results of a survey on nutritional menuing in the United States for the year 2000. Average number of health items posted daily on various menu; Statistics of noncommercial units offering healthy breakfast options; Percentage of college students suffering from anorexia and...
- Start your day with a breakfast boost. Maynard, Cindy // Current Health 2;Sep99, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the health benefits of eating breakfast daily.
- PATTY PARADISE. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the nutritional benefits of two breakfast patties. Boca Meatless Breakfast Patties; Yves Veggie Breakfast Patties.