MAKE IT APPETIZING & AVAILABLE: Merchandising fresh fruit
- Glorious compotes. Wing, Lucy; Wing, Dale // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p156
Presents several updated and simplified recipes for fruit compotes. Pear and dried-fruit compote; Kiwifruit-plum compote; Strawberry-peach compote; Brandied orange compote; Lemony apple compote; Materials and methods; More. INSET: How to grow lilacs..
- Vine and dine. Bienvenu, Marcelle // Louisiana Life;Summer97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p22
Presents some ways to take full advantage of summer's great seasonal fruits, berries and melons. Preparation of Blackberry Cobbler; Blackberry Ice Cream; Musadine Barbecue Basting Sauce; Fig Ice Cream.
- Fresh picked ideas. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p83
Reports on seasonings and preparation methods for fruit cookery; Complex flavor impressions; Use as tenderizing marinades, garnish, side item and in sauces; American restaurants with fruit dishes; Taste from Down Under Promotion by Marriott Management Services; Seasonality of fruits. INSETS:...
- Avocados. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;4/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p92
Discusses the use of avocados in cooking. Varieties available; Handling tips; Cooking advice.
- Cooked life with fruit. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;3/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p54
Presents guidelines in the preparation and cooking of fruit dishes. Views of various culinary artists and food experts on the methods of cooking fruits; Features of fruit dishes; Use of fresh fruits that emphasize clear flavor, color, texture and shape; Seasonal availability of fruits; Use of...
- More fun with fruit. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;9/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 13, p86
Reports on the increased popularity of incorporating fruits into restaurant cooking. Restaurant operators' incorporation of fruits on their menus; Use of fruit that complements and contrasts a variety of foods; Menu sampler from various restaurants.
- The taste of summer. Rudolph, John; Gunst, Kathy // Country Journal;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on the consumption of winter citrus fruits in the United States. Citrus fruits available in the winter such as oranges, grapefruits, tangerines and other fruits; Information on recipes which use citrus foods. INSET: Citrus tips..
- Passionate pink sorbet. Barkin, C.; James, E. // Cricket;Feb1991, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p58
Gives a quick and easy recipe for making sorbet from fresh or frozen fruit.
- Homegrown sweets. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep93, Issue 139, p26
Recommends turning your fresh fruits into naturally sweetened desserts and provides low-fat and -sugar recipes. Breakfast berry cobbler; Fruit crisp; Oat-bran pie crust; More.
- Harvest fruit favorites. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov96, Issue 158, p80
Presents recipes for orchard fruits for the fall season. Nutritional and health benefits of eating fruit daily; Tips for making apple juice and sauce; Candied Apples; Chicken-Apple Curry; Apple-Sweet Potato Bake; Poached Pears; Cranberry Harvest Crumble.