A Checklist of Dietary & Fluid Needs: Nutrition & Exercise
- Making it through the vitamin maze to choose a suitable supplement. Forman, Adrienne // Environmental Nutrition;Aug93, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
Part II. Enumerates guidelines in choosing the right brand of multivitamin and mineral supplement. Cost and nutritional comparisons; Caution against marketing gimmicks; Assessing high-quality supplements; Nutrient profiles and the recommended daily allowance; How higher priced supplements are...
- The ABC's of Vitamins. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);3/18/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p7
Discusses the vitamins needed by people to live. List of foods rich in vitamins; Importance of the vitamins.
- RDAS TODAY. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May2001, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p52
States that the recommended dietary allowances for vitamins were calculated for man and woman who weigh approximately 155 and 110 pounds respectively.
- Vitramins and Minerals: Are You Getting Enough? Too Much? Confused? Welland, Diane // Environmental Nutrition;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Discusses areas of vitamins and minerals to re-evaluate nutrient recommendations. Importance of nutrients to prevent deficiency diseases; Determination of optimal vitamin intakes; Lists of prescribed vitamins. INSET: Daily Nutrient Recommendations.
- Is it time for a C change? // U.S. News & World Report;4/29/96, Vol. 120 Issue 17, p82
Reveals the findings of a report which suggests that the federal government's Recommended Dietary Allowance of Vitamin C needs to be more than tripled. Full report published in `Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences'; Brief details of the study.
- When to pop that pill. O'Shaughnessy, Lynn // Heart & Soul;Feb/Mar97, Issue 19, p100
Evaluates the effect of nutritional supplements in the body. Research on several vitamins and mineral and their proper dosages; Foods that are rich with vitamins and minerals; When to take nutritional supplements. INSET: The lowdown on dosage..
- Has The Vitamin E Bubble Burst? EN Evaluates Whether To Supplement. Antinoro, Linda // Environmental Nutrition;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the efficacy of vitamin E to provide protection against various diseases in the United States. Functions of Vitamin E; Overview on the Recommended Dietary Allowance for vitamin E; Comparison between the composition of natural and synthetic Vitamin E.
- Researchers Recommend Increase in Vitamin C Dietary Allowance. Dye, D. // Life Extension;Oct2012, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on a 2012 announcement from scientists at Oregon State University's Linus Pauling Institute, in which the scientists suggested that the daily recommended dietary allowance for vitamin C should be increased to 200 milligrams for both men and women.
- Vitamin A - Are you Getting Enough? Crowther, Penny // Positive Health;Feb2013, Issue 203, p1
The article presents information on vitamin A. The vegetable form of vitamin A, beta carotene, from which the body makes vitamin A proper or retinol, is found abundantly in plant foods which are widely available in the average diet. Lack of vitamin A impacts vision, skin, bones, immune system...