USDA's WATKINS ASKS: $9.5 billion for child nutrition
- As USDA under-secy.: Shirley Watkins... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p10
Discusses the plans of Shirley Watkins as US Department of Agriculture Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services in the United States. Issues which will be given focus; Needed connections for her programs; Her view on NET funding issue. INSET: Oversees $40-billion budget:...
- Enhancing compliance in the child and adult care food program using digitized photographs. Gould, Susan Martin; Anderson, Jennifer // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the Food and Nutrition Services's promotion of its Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Provision of complete attendance lists and menus meeting specific nutrition-related criteria; Use of technology to convert CACFP Creditable and Non-Creditable Food Guidelines booklet; Merits...
- Clinton nominates Shirley Watkins. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p12
States that Shirley Robinson Watkins has been elected by United States President Bill Clinton, to be Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services at United States Department of Agriculture. Background information on Watkins; Comments from Janet Bantly, president of the American...
- Watkins sworn into office. // Food Management;Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the appointment of Shirley Watkins as the under secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services. Watkins' school foodservice experience; Tasks in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.
- An anniversary celebration in the Northeast . . . Boner, Marty // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Sept91, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p7
Focuses on the 1989 anniversary of the Food and Nutrition Service's Northeast Regional Office (NERO) that was celebrated by the emlpoyees by means of volunteerism. Activities conducted during the celebration; Reason why the employees recruited co-workers; Benefits gain by the employees from the...
- Operation Of The Program. // Congressional Digest;Jan1981, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p4
Elaborates the operation of the Food Stamp Program in the U.S. as of January 1981. Policies and rules that guide the operation of the program; Administration of the program by the Food and Nutrition Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in cooperation with State agencies; Information on...
- Undersecretary Haas resigns from USDA. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the resignation of Ellen Haas as undersecretary for Food & Nutrition Services at the Department of Agriculture.
- Food Stamp Police? Gatty, Bob // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2007, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the publication of a white paper by the United States Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service opposing restrictions on the use of Food Stamp benefits for specific foods based on their nutritional profiles.
- Janey Thornton Appointed To Agriculture Department Post. // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
The article announces the appointment of Janey Thornton, director of child nutrition at the Hardin County Schools in Kentucky, as deputy undersecretary for the Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services department of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.