SCRAMBLE SYSTEM SHAKES UP SALES: Luther Coll. goes self-serve
- News Digest. // Marketing News;5/8/95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the use of billboards and other forms of mass advertising by colleges to attract market for college-bound high school seniors. Luther College in Decorah, Iowa; Billboards of the University of Northern Iowa in Waterloo and Dubuque.
- AN END IN SIGHT? Goral, Tim // University Business;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the steps taken by Luther College in Decorah, Iowa to stop the annual naked soccer match among seniors as of May 2002. Reason for the decision; Aim of the decision; Threat given by Luther College president Richard Torgerson if the game takes place in 2002.
- The Next President of Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. // Women in Academia Report;3/4/2014, p1
The article announces that Paula J. Carlson was appointed as president of the Luther College in Deborah, Iowa.
- Profiles of Practice. // Spectra;Aug2009, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p11
The article focuses on professor Alan Lerstrom at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. It states that Lerstrom has earned a bachelor of science degree in speech and a masters degree in theater at Illinois State University. It adds that Lerstrom joined Luther College after completing a doctoral...
- Small Colleges Take Big Energy Steps. // Buildings;Nov2012, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses the steps taken by small colleges Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania to improve their energy efficiency.
- Reimagining Faculty Work. Sparkes, Terry // Chalk;
The article presents the insights of several faculty members at Luther College including Barb Bohach, Becky Bowman, and Jeff Dintaman regarding how they could reimagine faculty work if they were to structure it around student learning, and their proposals to integrate high-impact practices on...
- Stories from Teagle II at Luther. Baack, Eric; Bohack, Barb; Jones, Don; Joyce, Brooke; Meade, Birgitta; Moore, Holly; Nelson, Jayme; Rinco, Olga // Chalk;
The article presents the things learned by the authors in doing their proposals for the Teagle II Project at Luther College wherein they were asked to use high-impact practices for their courses. One of the authors state that institutions can support high-impact practices both by incentivizing...
- The Greatest Test. Raguso, Emilie // Greater Good;Fall2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information on a project for Loren Toussaint, a psychology professor at Luther College, a liberal arts school in northeastern Iowa. Toussaint, along with his two students from a small Iowa College offered gifts for Sierra Leonean children, with a mission to teach forgiveness...
- SIMPLE TOOLS in the POT SHOP : a MINIMALIST APPROACH. Oehler, Mark // Studio Potter;Summer2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p58
The author reflects on his career as a potter. His first pottery-studio experience was in the early 1960s at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. His beginning pottery instructor was Don Finegan at what was then the State College of Iowa (now the University of Northern Iowa). He learned early on...