THE ROLE FOODSERVICE WILL PLAY: Sr. living ctrs. of tomorrow
- More choices for skilled-care seniors. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on the `choice program' which was implemented at Regents Point in Irvine, California which allows skilled-care residents the choice of meals. Impact of the program on the residents; Information on the facility; Types of foods which are mainly selected by the residents of...
- Growing up strong: Preparing your restaurant for a more-mature America. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p6
Comments on the impact of nutrition at an early age on the life expectancy of persons in the United States and the effect of on the mature market in the foodservice sector. Factors which contribute to the increase in the life expectancy rate; Importance of providing services with older persons...
- Challenges: Feeding new sr. generations, ethnic groups. Pond, James // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p58
Discusses the challenge of feeding senior citizens. Need for meal programs that deal with young and old seniors alike; Difference in the appetites and expectations of younger seniors and previous generations; Effectiveness of using buffets.
- Food Service by The Book. Wright, Judy R. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jun99, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p45
Provides information about the food service at the senior health care provider Trinity Lutheran Manor. Provision of accessible foods; Consideration of the social aspects of food; Management techniques.
- LOOKING UP: TRACKING TRENDS. Schruntek, Waiter J. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p28
Deals with issues on food service in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Indications of the need to increase the use of vending as a feeding option; Internet access of foodservice operators; Budget forecast on senior feeding services.
- Necessity begets a solution for seniors' foodservice operator. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/03/99, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p18
Discusses the food service solution at retirement community Moosehaven in Jacksonville, Florida. Foodservice director Ray Derry's solution to the problem of eating seniors to eat; Lack of tray service at the California/Nevada Independent Living Center where seniors are temporarily housed; Setup...
- Seniors in Need:. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p58
The author reflects on the trends and issues in relation to providing healthy foods to older people in the U.S. He notes the growing number of people aged 60 and over in relation to the funding allotted for their food and care. He explains why the magazine did not feature articles about food...
- "Neighborhood" Model Need Grows in LTC. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
The article presents a survey by foodservice societies Technomic for the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) and the Nutrition and Foodservice Education Foundation (NFEF) which reveal the anticipated shift in resident care of service operators in long-term care facilities.
- LOOKING UP: FEEDING SENIORS. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on nutrition issues concerning the aged in the united States. Impact of the graying population on the foodservice industry; Food habits of seniors; Changes in the dietary requirements of the aged.