Canteen serves 8,000 inmates
- Canteen Correctional Services inks first national deal with Cornell Corrections. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p20
Reports on Canteen Correctional Services' appointment as provider of cafeteria and commissary services for Cornell Corrections in Houston, Texas. Details of the contract.
- Canteen Correctional Services begins offering meals in P.R. prisons. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;5/13/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Canteen Correctional Services (CCS) has nabbed a three-year contract valued at $54 million to serve meals in Puerto Rico prisons. Issuance of an order by Corrections and Rehabilitation Secretary Miguel Pereira to comply with a ruling in the class-action lawsuit Morales Feliciano v....
- 61 SITES, 21 STATES: Canteen scores prison deal. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p20
Reports the awarding of a private prison contract to Canteen Correctional Services by the Correctional Corporation of America (CCA). Terms of the contract; Bacground on CCA; Development of menus.
- Arizona prison system converts to contractors. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the Arizona Department of Corrections' decision to change menus and turn its remaining self-operated facilities over to foodservice contractors. Contract won by Canteen Correctional Services, a division of the Compass Group USA, and Correctional Foodservice Management; Annual savings...
- Canteen to manage Kansas prison meals. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/03/96, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p20
Reports that the Kansas Department of Corrections has hired Canteen Correctional Services to manage foodservice for its nine prisons.
- Feeding a graying prison population. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
No abstract available.
- Corrections. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p92
Focuses on the evolution of correctional foodservice. Formation of the American Correctional Food Service Association (ACSA) as a satellite to the American Correctional Association (ACA); Key role in the evolution of correctional foodservice; Meeting the standard dietary guidelines; Improvement...
- NEW TRENDS: Fewer civilian workers, price pressures loom. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the impact of the decline of the civilian workforce on correctional foodservice operations in the U.S. Decline in commodity funds and products throughout the correctional system; Food budget at the all-male juvenile facility in Racine, Wisconsin.
- How L.A County jails manage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p65
Focuses on the food service at the Los Angeles County jail system in California. Significant changes which affected the jail system; Comments from Betty Starr: Who was hired as food service director for the entire county; Number of meals provided daily; Responsibility of the foodservice. ...