Classic Fare builds one
- `Eggless' Caesar Salad Dressing. // Medical Update;Jan97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p5
Presents instructions on how to make Caesar Salad dressing without using eggs. Ingredients; Calories per serving.
- Lettuce be your guide. Hurley, Jayne; Collins, Geneva // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p8
Examines the nutritional content of various categories of low-fat salad dressing. Comparison of taste with regular dressing; Caloric content; Total fat; Recommended products.
- Processors dress up for salad season. Friedman, Martin // Prepared Foods;May95, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p115
Introduces new salad dressing flavors and varieties. Kraft Foods' five Herb Dressings and Ranch Dressing Mix; Hidden Valley Ranch Co.'s fat-free Coleslaw Dressing; Lipton's Creamy Roasted Garlic and Classic House Italian Dressings; Best Foods' line of homestyle add-milk dressing mixes in five...
- Devising lowfat dressings & spreads. Busetti, Max // Prepared Foods;Jul95, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p87
Discusses ways of making lowfat salad dressing and spreads. Structural role of fat mimetics for tablespreads; Two fat-replacer systems; Saladizer PH-650 for no-oil dressings; Saladizer PH 700 for low-oil dressings; Kelcogel gellan gum, a multifunctional high molecular weight polysaccharide;...
- Dressing salads lightly without being underdressed. Platzman, Andrea D. // Environmental Nutrition;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Offers tips for choosing salad dressings wisely. Explanation of label terms; Nutrition comparison of bottled salad dressings; Fat-free versus low-fat dressings; Addition of seasonings; Dressings without oil.
- New ideas to dress up vinaigrette for summer's stylish salads. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;06/29/98, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p29
Reports on ways of creating a classic vinaigrette for use as salad dressing. Use of various condiments to create vinaigrette sauce; Popularity of vinaigrette combined with North African-style dishes; Combination of mango with black bean-ginger vinaigrette to serve with lobster tails.
- Well-dressed. Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p48
Provides information on making classic salad dressings. Ingredients used in salad dressings; Calories found in salad dressing; Different types of salad dressings.
- Slim salad dressings. Malloy, Julia // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun96, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p222
Presents several recipes of salad dressing, that are low in fat and calories. Content of each dressing recipe; Recipe for Herbed Tomato Vinaigrette and Creamy Cilantro Dressing; Details on the making of Creamy Lemon-Mint Dressing; More.
- Garden fresh cooking. Cox, Jeff // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p26
Presents salad dressing recipes. Dried cherry vinaigrette; Sweet and sour dressing with a vengeance; Sunny honey dressing; Dressing Italianissimo.