GAO REPORT FINDS: INS rules hinder compliance
- Kansas Seeks Waiver for Undocumented Workers to Solve Farm Crisis. // Beef Expert Blog;1/31/2012, p5
The article focuses on the move by Kansas Agriculture Secretary Dale Rodman to seek a federal waiver that would allow Kansas dairies and feedlots desperate for workers to hire undocumented immigrants.
- The invisible workers. Bowley, Graham // New Statesman;12/16/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4618, p51
Focuses on the employment of illegal immigrants in England as of December 2002. Labor conditions of such immigrants; Countries that experience the same labor conditions; Information on the illegal activities participated by immigrants.
- Is diversity the answer to labor woes? DeLuca, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p16
Editorial. Features the new organization called the MultiCultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance and the reasons for its creation. Group as a forum that aims to promote diversity awareness as an answer to labor woes, specifically in the United States food service industry; Foodservice...
- Industry to educators: Get wise to value of experience. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;8/15/94, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
Reports that foodservice operators called on educators to better equip students for the high-performance job market at the 1994 Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (CHRIE) Conference in Palm Springs, California. Challenges facing the students in the industry; Estimated...
- Ban on non-EU workers will hit Irish hospitality industry. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p7
Reports on the effect of the initiative of the Irish government to halt the hiring of workers from non-European Union countries, on the country's hospitality industry. Information on the regulations imposed by the Irish government; Claim of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment,...
- Market capsule: how operators feel about their pay. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Presents a graph showing the percentage of food operators who felt that they were not being sufficiently paid for their experience and efforts.
- Monin centenary offers new opportunities. // Hospitality (11724285);Jun2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p58
The article presents information on the Restaurant and Bar Show to be held in New Zealand. It mentions that the new generation bartenders would be competing for the show, and the New Zealand winner will compete for the qualifying round for the 2012 Monin Cup. It states on what qualities...
- Skanska on to illegals. // Contract Journal;6/12/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6381, p1
Deals with the Stratford Box contract of Skanska for Section 2 of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link which have come under scrutiny after reports of illegal immigrants working on the project. Information on the reports about illegal immigrants working on the project; Response of Skanska to the issue.
- The top 10 rules for employers. // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
The article lists rules for employers in the U.S. which include avoiding the hiring of unauthorized alien, enrolling in the E-Verify program and terminating illegal aliens.
- The Future of Farm Workers. // America;8/2/2010, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p4
In this article, the author discusses the efforts of the United Farm Workers (U.F.W.) to help provide jobs for undocumented immigrants such as the launched of its web site takeourjobs.org and the drafting of the Agricultural Job Opportunities, Benefits and Security bill.