AT `FLY-IN' MEET IN DC: NRA backs grass-roots effort
- Two US Reps receive NRA's `Year of the Restaurant' award. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p44
Reports on members of the United States House of Representatives who were presented awards by the National Restaurant Association as of July 26, 1999. Recognitions of the efforts of Representatives John Tanner and Neil Abercrombie to restore the business meal deductibility.
- NRA gets good start project started. // Hotel & Motel Management;2/20/95, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p21
Reports on National Restaurant Association's (NRA) development of clearing house to bring together organizations trying to place welfare recipients in jobs with foodservice employers who will hire them. Operation of Good Start Project; Providing indispensable entry-level jobs; Products of the...
- NRA launches group to study employment-related legislation. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p68
Reports that the National Restaurant Association is forming a study group for members to discuss employment-related federal laws and regulations affecting the foodservice industry.
- New on the food front: More fat-free fare, the comeback of fried edibles. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p76
Makes observations on the food being exhibited at the National Restaurant Association's 1995 Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Fat-free food versus deep-fried food; Beer; Fruits.
- 77th annual NRA Show schedule of events. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p104
Presents a schedule of events for the annual National Restaurant Association Show from May 18-22, 1996 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois.
- NRA board allocates $2M for political PR battles. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p76
Focuses on the efforts of the National Restaurant Association's to strengthen their electoral influence. Allocation of nearly $2 million to help others in their political and public relations battles; Approval of the creation of a campaign to polish the industry's image; Fighting of the...
- 78th NRA show spotlights labor issues, international concerns. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;06/02/97, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p1
Highlights the launching of the National Restaurant Association's 1997 show where implications of their stepped-up efforts at international relations were detailed. Focus on tight domestic labor market and human resource worries; Discussion of legislative and regulatory matters concerning the...
- Cooking in stride. // National Provisioner;Jul96, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the 1996 National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago, Illinois. Event description; Participants; Programs and activities.
- The NRA is feeling some growing pains. Romano, Michael // Restaurant Business;9/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p24
No abstract available.