`A NEW TWIST': Nursing home residents contribute to cookbook
- How sanitary is your kitchen? Meek, Frank // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p48
The article presents tips on keeping pests out of food preparation areas, and away from nursing home residents. Preparing three meals a day for your residents is a demanding task. Its no surprise, then, that your nursing home's kitchen is a busy place, as cooks and staff travel in and out to...
- Quality Assessment in Nursing Homes by Systematic Direct Observation: Feeding Assistance. Simmons, Sandra F.; Babineau, Sarah; Garcia, Emily; Schnelle, John F. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Oct2002, Vol. 57A Issue 10, pM665
Presents a study which developed and tested a standardized observational protocol to evaluate feeding assistance quality in nursing homes for the aged. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- SOLHEIM LUTHERAN IN L.A.: Long-term homes add hands-on nutrition help. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
Looks at the actions taken by Solheim Lutheran Home, a nonprofit long-term nursing facility for seniors in Los Angeles, California, to provide residents with more personalized attention during meal times. Nutrition problems facing senior healthcare dining providers; Meal management at the...
- When seniors won't eat... Improved nutrition becomes a priority. Lipowski, Melissa // Food Management;Aug98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on malnutrition of senior citizens in nursing homes in the United States. Findings of a report from the National Aging Information Center; Challenges faced by nursing homes; Emphasis of long-term facilities; Strategies for improving the nutrition of seniors in nursing homes. INSETS:...
- NUTRITION OF ELDERLY PEOPLE IN MERIVALJA NURSING HOME. Saava, Merilaid; Kisper-Hint, Ima-Riina // Papers on Anthropology;2002, Vol. 11, p200
In MerivÃ¤lja nursing home the actual nutrition of 105 elderly people in 2000 was calculated with the local ANKE-PC-program from menus at 10 days intervals in January and April and compared with the nutrition data of the same nursing home in 1978. Over 20 years there has been only modest...
- Improving the Nutritional Care of Nursing Home Residents. Kayser-Jones, Jeanie // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2000, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the prevalence of malnutrition and dehydration among residents at nursing homes in the United States. Factors contributing to malnutrition and dehydration; Residents who are at risk to suffer malnutrition and dehydration; Recommendations for improving the nutritional care of residents.
- Weighing in on weight loss. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;Jan1999, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on certified dietician Ann E. Love's solutions to elderly malnutrition problems in nursing home setting in the United States. Techniques for making foods appealing to elders; Advice on targeting the ideal body weight for the elders.
- Effect of Family-Style Meals on Energy Intake and Risk of Malnutrition in Dutch Nursing Home Residents: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nijs, Kristel A. N. D.; De Graaf, Cees; Siebelink, Els; Blauw, Ybel H.; Vanneste, Vincent; Kok, Frans J.; Van Staveren, Wija A. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Sep2006, Vol. 61A Issue 9, p935
Background. Social facilitation and meal ambiance have beneficial effects on food intake in healthy adults. Extrapolation In the nursing home selling may Lead to less malnutrition among the residents. Therefore, we investigate the effect of family-style meals on energy intake and the risk of...
- Consider These Parameters When the Resident Isn't Eating Well. // MDS Alert;May2011, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p47
The article presents parameters to consider when nursing health resident is not eating properly.