ENTREES COOKED-TO-ORDER: Room service plan stars at Anderson Med. Ctr
- Cancer Center seeks to add care, not costs. // Modern Healthcare;1/16/95, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the plans of the Houston-based University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center to improve the healthcare provided by it. Objectives of its plans.
- LeMaistre retires from Anderson: Immovable object moving on. Bankhead, Charles // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 14, p944
Reports on the retirement of Charles LeMaistre from his post as president of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Career achievements; Contributions to cancer prevention.
- Granisetron seen as a fiscally attractive option to ondansetron for cancer center's formulary. // Hospital Formulary;Feb95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p72
Reports that the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston has added granisetron to its formulary even though it already included ondansetron. Pharmacoeconomic basis of the decision.
- State lets hospital limit charity care. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;4/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p44
Reports that the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas has acquired state permission to limit some indigent care, raise revenues and cut costs. Value of the hospital's state funding; Comments of Anderson president, Charles A. LeMaistre; Impact of the development on...
- Southwest. // Modern Healthcare;11/7/94, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p48
Reports on developments in the healthcare industry in southwestern United States as of November 7, 1994. Appointment of Jim Bushmiaer as chairman of the board of the Arkansas Hospital Association; Expansion of the St. Mary's Health Center's emergency room; University of Texas M.D. Anderson...
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;May95, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the amount expected by the University of Texas Anderson Cancer Center in Houston from Premier Health Alliance's incentive program. Features of the program.
- NEW PRODUCTS. Zeidel, Nancy // RN;Dec2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p75
Features several medical supplies in the United States as of December 2001. Materials used in the production of the joint supports OrthoKnit from CMO Inc.; Applicability of the ChroniCare TENS management electrodes from Vermed Inc.; Documentary film for breast cancer patients from the...
- Merck, MD Anderson Cancer Center announce research collaboration. Bader, Emily // njbiz;8/17/15, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the clinical research collaboration between pharmaceutical company Merck and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to evaluate Merck's immunocology therapy options.
- A VERTICAL UPDATE. McFARLANE, BRIAN // Healthcare Design;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p60
The article discusses architectural details of a tower on the top of the Albert B. and Margaret M. Alkek Hospital at the University of Texas' MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, designed by the architecture firm HKS Inc.
- The Performance Management System: Applying and Evaluating a Pay-for-Performance Initiative. Helm, Corey; Holladay, Courtney L.; Tortorella, Frank R. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p49
The clinical operations and programs division at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center undertook an initiative, as part of a new performance management system, to determine the effectiveness in aligning individual performance goals to institutional goals and linking performance to...